FUE 3000 Grafts- Numbness in receipient area

FCBAYERN

Its two and a half months post op FUE 3000 grafts and i have noticed that there in almost complete numbness in my receipient area- i.e when i touch the top on my scalp i feel almost zero sensitivity.

Is this normal for post FUE patients? Is it a sign that perhaps the grafts are getting ready to pop through?

It is normal to experience a loss of sensation in the recipient area for the first 3-5 months after the procedure. Typically patients have very numb heads for the first month and you slowly come back around 3-5 months where you have slight loss of sensation. I wouldn't worry too much at this point it seems normal.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I have the 'same' sensation (well lack of sensation and feeling). Having said that, because I had a severe head trauma a number of years ago which left me with partial to 'no' feeling in parts of my face and head (nerves just killed off), it's hard to differentiate which is due to the old head trauma, and which is down to the HT. But glad to read that others are in the same boat and it's not unusual :)

• 1 month later...