Switching from Liquid to Foam

hounddog

Has anybody switched from Rogaine liquid to foam? Would switching cause a shedding period? I have been on liquid 6 months now and went through a bad shed in the begining. Now, its gotten back to normal, but the liquid is getting pretty annoying and sticky. Would like to try the foam..Any opinions? Thanks

There were plenty of issues with the liquid but hardly none with the foam so definately worth the money to switch. Some ppl feel the foam aids in styling while others feel it doesn't at all. You'll have to try it out for yourself to see how it works with your own hair. Good luck.

What is the best way to apply as I am going to begin to use the foam. I gather you spray it in your hand then pat it into your scalp? Or do you spray it directly on your head then massage it? Is it like a mousse texture?

My routine has been to use Rogaine Foam in the mornings and Kirkland liquid in the evenings in order to stretch my $$. I prefer the foam in the morning as it is fast-drying and doesn't leave my hair looking greasy. At other times I've used only foam or only liquid and have switched between them several times with no additional shedding.

The foam can be difficult to measure. The directions state to use half a capful 2 times a day. I suggest placing the cap in the palm of your hand and dispensing the foam next to it in order to estimate the dose. Eventually you won't need the cap anymore.

You'll need to apply it to your scalp quickly as it will begin to melt in seconds. In warmer temperatures it helps to run the bottle and your hand under a cold tap prior to dispensing.

Hope this helps.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website