Best Dense/Low Hairline Doctor - Finalizing Decision - Need Input!!!

Hello, I am in the midst of finalizing my decision as to which hair transplant physician I will do my procedure with. I would most like to have my procedure with the surgeon who is known to have the highest quality hairlines that are the most low and most dense. My research has taught me that Dr. Rahal is the most ideal physician that embodies these aforementioned attributes. It seems that the other doctors who are equally as skilled as Dr. Rahal do not provide the same amount of density and also do not lower the hairline to the same degree.

Lately I have been attempting to decide between Dr. Rahal, the Alvi Armani clinic, and Dr. Feller. I am close to choosing Dr. Rahal over the other two because I have recently heard many negative things about the Armani clinic regarding poor results and misleading practices. I feel that I would be better suited as to choose Dr. Rahal over Dr. Feller because I have heard that Dr. Feller, despite being a brilliant surgeon, is more conservative than Dr. Rahal so I suppose that the hairline that Dr. Rahal would give me would be more dense and lower than the hairline that Dr. Feller would give me. Am I correct in choosing Dr. Rahal over Dr. Feller and every other doctor given the fact that I want to attain the lowest and most dense hairline possible?

Is there a surgeon who is as gifted as Dr. Rahal who is known for providing a low and dense hairline just as good or better than Dr. Rahal?

Any input on my questions will be greatly appreciated as this is a big decision for me. Thank you.

Balding30

Dr Rahal is an excellent surgeon! No one on here is gonna argue that fact...Im driving 23 hours to have my surgery with him..Dr Feller is also an excellent choice! You are certainly wise to stay away from Armani.

It seems to me you have your mind made up on Rahal and that is great! Im sold on him as well..I know he is the best doctor for me...Have you had a consult with Dr Rahal? The reason I ask is because just because you want a lower hairline may not be the best thing for you! Let Dr Rahal look at pictures and see what he thinks..he will certainly listen to you, but in the end, he is the expert and he will not lead you down the wrong path!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I agree with the above...did you have a consultation with them? Also, post some pics as lowering the hairline is not a great idea for most but each case is obviously unique. I had a HT with Dr. Rahal that he really re-created and dense packed my hairline. See my website and write up. How old are u...u on meds? There is A LOT that goes into making a decision so don't jump the gun and make sure you do your RESEARCH!!!

Your hairline design is calculated by what doctors feel your future hair loss will be, and they will give you an appropriate hairline to correlate with that loss. Many would love to have their juvenile hairlines back, but unfortunately it's not feasible in nearly all cases due to the likelihood of losing more hair and not having enough donor hair to replace them. The design is different for everyone so you should consult with a doctor and see what's realistic.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Great point. Even with meds, over time, hair loss can continue and you may have a lot of territory to cover behind the new hairline. With limited supply of donor, it is better to be conservative, especially when you are younger and have decades of possible hair loss ahead of you. A nice dense low hairline would look really odd with a big thin or bald patch behind it. So keeping enough donor in the bank for the future is key.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I agree , you are in safe hand with both Dr Rahal and Dr Feller , I had consults with both , eventually chosing Dr Feller , I'd say Feller may be a little more conservative in his approuch , it does depend on your own situation though as has already been mentioned .

Good luck bud

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Thehairupthere makes a crucial point. We all want juvenile hairlines but this is not always realistic. Research and consult with multiple reputable doctors. As a patient you need to have realistic expectations or else you could be very disappointed by the outcome of your surgery.