something to go with propecia

hellohey

Hi!

I have been on propecia for almost 4 months. I have shed a lot all over my head but it has almost stopped now except for the very front which has also thinned considerably. Anyone else have the same experience?

I was wondering, if there is anything I can use in combination with propecia that doesnt cause shedding? such as minoxidil and rogaine.

I have read about spiro and folligen but some users claim it to be messy and some mention it induces further shed.

I have not given up on propecia yet and i plan on sticking with it, but I want to know if there is anything else i can do to help the mid front thinning.

I know some users mention that what sheds during propecia grows back, but I have not seen any regrowth yet.

Thankful for any reply.

I wouldn't expect much until 8-12 months. It takes time for Propecia to work.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I think you missunderstood me. The point of this post is to ask if i could add anything else to propecia that doesnt cause another shedd and that might actually increase results? I have no intentions of getting off propecia at all. :)

Hellohey, sorry about that. Take a look at the supplements I am taking in my signature. Rogaine will possibly cause a shed, but everything else I am taking, will not.

They might actually increase your results overall. My hair quality has gotten better and I feel the stuff has helped. There are members on the forum that are taking similar regimens and they feel it has helped them. :)

BTW, Nioxin is a very good shampoo. It is strong.

Some users have also mentioned Nizoral to work well, but that is known to cause a shed in some people.

Good Luck.

Which Nioxin shampoo are you recommending? I googled Nioxin, and found a lot of different shampoos from that brand.

Nioxin System 1 cleanser shampoo is for those with Natural, Fine and Normal to Thin Hair.

Nioxin System 2 cleanser is for Fine, Natural and Noticeably Thinning Hair. It contains a scalp treatment that has SPF 15 Sunscreen and protects the hair and scalp

They both work good IMO, I have used them both, interchanged between the two when I used them. I will restart them in a few weeks because they are pretty strong shampoos for the grafts. I have went from baby shampoo to dove shampoo and other shampoos and slowly working my way up to stronger shampoos. Nioxin shampoos with the conditioner use really COOLS your scalp. Your scalp feels cold and like you just had a massage on your scalp. I love the stuff.

The other nioxin shampoos are for variety of hair types, treatments, etc etc.

The only 2 I think hair loss sufferers would look at and benefit from is those two. System 1 and System 2. That's it.

If you want to know what the rest of the nioxin line is used for, then here is that extra info:

"*Nioxin Scalp and Hair Care System 3 is For Fine, Chemically Enhanced, Normal to Thin-Looking Hair. The range helps to protect the color and vibrancy of the hair.

*Nioxin Scalp and Hair Care System 4 is designed for Fine, Natural and Noticeably Thinning Hair. It also contains color protector too.

* Nioxin Scalp and Hair Care System 5 is for medium or Coarse, Natural and Normal to Thin-Looking Hair. This hair care range provides added moisture and natural shine to the hair.

* Nioxin Scalp and Hair Care System 6 is For Coarse/medium, Natural and Noticeably Thinning Hair. It also keeps the hair smooth, shiny and moisturized.

* Nioxin Scalp and Hair Care System is For Medium/Coarse, Chemically Enhanced and Normal to Thin-Looking Hair

* Nioxin Scalp and Hair Care System 8 is specially formulated For Coarse, Chemically Enhanced and severe Thinning Hair. This range helps to protect nutrients as they energize and moisturize the scalp. The Nioxin Scalp and Hair Care System 8 also has with SPF 15 that helps to protect the hair and scalp against UV Rays. "

Source: http://ask.nioxin.com/whats-the-difference-between-all-the-nioxin-systems-like-system-1-2-3-etc/

Hope that helps.

Edited by Sean