I'm going in for HT...again!

I am going in for my second HT on 12/22 (first was not a success...not looking to explain all the details on this post). :(

Just wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom &/or advice about having a 2nd HT. I'm pretty anxious and emotional about the whole thing. One would think knowing what to expect would help...but it really doesn't.

THANKS!!!:):):)

Hey there Lady,

I can see why you are disappointed with your first round. I see some improvement but it is minimal. I do think you are with a quality doc however. Dr. Cooley is legit. So best of luck this time. Women's hair loss can be much more tricky to deal with than for men.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

LadyNeedsHair,

I'm very sorry to hear that your hair transplant was unsuccessful. I understand that you don't want to get into details at the moment so allow me to simply wish you the best of luck.this time around. I hope that you get the growth you deserve. You are in good hands with Dr. Cooley and I'm sure he will do everything possible to ensure a satisfactory outcome.

I found that I was much less nervous for my second procedure but, then again, I don't have too much anxiety when it comes to surgical procedures.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I actually see a modest improvement from the photos on your website. 1581 grafts is like hardly anything for the area that had to be covered IMO. I was recommended 1500 just to lower the hairline like 1/4 inch.

Good luck with your next surgery.

I agree with Anthony. I know Dr Cooley is an excellent surgeon however it looks as if he may have went a little conservative. I wouldn't say it was a failure by any means, I just think you need a lot more grafts!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website