Health Insurance

Jaymanji

Hello Everyone,

I am a Canadian and I'm traveling to the US for a Hair Transplant. I'm getting my procedure done with SMG...and I'm so excited.

I only have one dilemma.

Here in Canada we have socialized (Free) healthcare - but only while in Canada. Normally, I buy Emergency Travel Insurance when leaving the country as I'm doing for this trip. BUT! This Emergency Travel Insurance will not cover extenuating circumstances from the transplant. :confused:

If I were to have any complications while undergoing my procedure I would have no medical insurance coverage. I certainly don't expect one to happen and I know I'm in the best hands...but I'm loathe to not have any coverage.

Many of the posters on this site have traveled out of their native country and I'm wondering if you know of Insurance Companies that offer coverage during cosmetic procedures.

You are in great hands with SMG! I wish I had some information for you on the health insurance issue, but I am not sure. Wouldn't you be able to receive treatment upon returning to Canada for anything that might come up?

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I think there are a couple of companies that offer traveler's insurance (health coverage). I have seen many that have come up in a search on google. I don't know how good they are, companies such as HTH WorldWide or Travelgaurd etc... You might have to look for reviews to find out if they offer it in case of surgeries.

However, I think with Dr. Shapiro you are good to go. They are recommended on here and stand by their patients. How long are you going to be staying in the U.S. for?