Hair Club anygood ??

Meast21

Meast21,

Welcome. I highly recommend using the forum's search feature when researching potential hair restoration clinics.

In addition, I recommend consulting with one or more of the prescreened, quality hair restoration physicians recommended by the Hair Transplant Network. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

HairClub, Bosley, and all those "chain" clinics can't touch the quality of the doctors on here! It will also be cheaper to used a prescreened physician from this site. The chain clinics have to pay for all that TV advertising and it reflects in the price.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Because the best solution is for this site to enable us to do our own research rather than giving us a flat out yes/no answer which we would either believe or not believe.

A HT is too big a deal to just trust a strangers word on a public forum. This is not like "what flavour lollipop should I get?" People should be encouraged to find out as much as they can about the options available and then come to their own conclusion as to what is best in their circumstance.

If someone asked about a reccomended doc here say dr wong for example the typical reply is 'excellent choice' which is 100% true but when a question is asked about a well known buthcher chain clinic no such definitive answer is giving so in this instance blkblk 'a flat out yes/no answer' as you put it is what should be given,unless libel damages are an issue here..

I don't think libel is an issue as there are definitely a lot of horror stories posted here as well.

I would hope that the moderators are giving more information than just "excellent choice" for physicians which they recommend. If they aren't, then I think that is a mistake.

I'll tell you exactly how it is. Hair Club is just a marketing type clinic. You go there, they try to get you to buy their vitamins and supplements/shampoos at a ridiculous price if you don't get their overly expensive toupee. That toupee they offer, my uncle got suckered couple grand for. They showed him something else and got him something else and did not want to exchange or refund. He paid over $3,000 for that piece of garbage that looked so unnatural and looked like a dead raccoon was on his head. It look way off balanced for the price he paid. Hair Club to me is where people join to look like fools. They did not measure his head properly or anything, it's just random marketing people trying to measure you to give you the best fit and etc or sell you vitamins. These are not professionals even though they know how to use a scalp camera. They have no idea what they are talking about but they speak garbage in a way that can deceive you. I have been to them before too but ran away once they started pulling that lets sign you up for the vitamins and shampoo for $2,000 krap on me with monthly payments.

My uncle was so displeased with his hairpiece from them that he gave it back to them even though they said no refunds. He just slapped it on their faces and said goodbye for the ridicule they caused him.

AVOID this place.

Do your research with recommended surgeons and or other places to get hair pieces or even places to get pigmentation. Don't waste your money and don't lose your money. Use your money wisely and where it can get you the best results. Avoid this place.

Should be a ban on that place and hair restoration clinics that ruin the lives of men (& women).

I would not trust them with my scalp even if they paid me any sum of money to operate on me.

These are just franchises run by doctors that are not very well known and who don't have a long extensive track record to prove their work.

Sure you can show me pictures, but show me satisfied patients. They don't have such a history.

AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Edited by Sean

The hair restoration physicians recommended by the Hair Transplant Network are among the finest in the world. I'm sure that the vast majority of members are in agreement with that.

I would hope that the moderators are giving more information than just "excellent choice" for physicians which they recommend. If they aren't, then I think that is a mistake.
blkblk,

When a prospective hair transplant patient inquires about one of the doctors recommended here I, of course, tell them that they've made an excellent choice. In addition, we normally direct these members to consult with several recommended physicians because the "best" doctor for one patient may not be the best for another. I'm sure I don't have to go into all the variables here that one should consider but let's mention crown work vs. hairline work and a conservative approach vs. a more aggressive approach to name two.

We also typically direct members to view the criteria we use to recommend physicians along with examples of their work and patient experiences shared on the forum and well as our Hair Restoration Websites.

We also point out that our recommended list is not exhaustive. There are certainly other talented and experienced hair restoration physicians around the globe practicing state of the art follicular unit hair transplantation.

"Important Note - The hair restoration physicians recommended on this site are not a definitive list of all excellent hair transplant doctors. Nor do we warranty or guaranty the results of any of the physicians presented on this site. As always, we encourage you to do your due diligence in evaluating these and all hair loss physicians."

Why cant the moderators just say dont go there and give their opinion on the clinic in question instead of beating around the bush trying to drop subtle hints.
I cannot tell someone that their choice of clinic or doctor is a bad one just because they are not recommended here because, in truth, I have no idea. I can only recommend that these prospective patients take the time to research all of the their options and consider a physician that has a history of excellent patient care and producing consistent results.

I firmly believe that anyone who takes the time to properly educate themselves will ultimately choose one of the doctors we recommend.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Scheduled for an appointment soon, below is a couple of comments/concerns:

1.) Im a norwood 3V, getting 2200 grafts (1400 in front "u" area)

2.) Hairclub told me my procedure is for a FUT and is gonna cost $11k, which covers transplant and 9 months post precedurt treatment (haircut, shampoos). Is that a good deal ??

Please comment

Scheduled for an appointment soon, below is a couple of comments/concerns:

1.) Im a norwood 3V, getting 2200 grafts (1400 in front "u" area)

2.) Hairclub told me my procedure is for a FUT and is gonna cost $11k, which covers transplant and 9 months post precedurt treatment (haircut, shampoos). Is that a good deal ??

Please comment

Meast, i'd say it's not a good deal.

You can get recommended surgeons from this forum with proven track records and high quality results for $3 to $4 dollars a graft.

That means you will pay between $7,500-$8,000 for such a procedure, instead of paying $11,000 dollars with an unknown surgeon.

For a Norwood 3v, make sure 2200 is the amount of grafts you will need to get to your goals. Are you looking for a conservative hairline, a mid conservative, aggressive? Also, how dense do you want it to be?

Edited by Sean

Meast, i'd say it's not a good deal.

You can get recommended surgeons from this forum with proven track records and high quality results for $3 to $4 dollars a graft.

That means you will pay between $7,500-$8,000 for such a procedure, instead of paying $11,000 dollars with an unknown surgeon.

For a Norwood 3v, make sure 2200 is the amount of grafts you will need to get to your goals. Are you looking for a conservative hairline, a mid conservative, aggressive? Also, how dense do you want it to be?

Yeah already gave HC $500 which I think is non-refundable, which I am willing to eat.... Also I like to keep my hair short, so is a FUE better for me, I also want to recover faster and FUE is better right ?? I am looking for a mild conservative.

Yeah already gave HC $500 which I think is non-refundable, which I am willing to eat.... Also I like to keep my hair short, so is a FUE better for me, I also want to recover faster and FUE is better right ?? I am looking for a mild conservative.

Meast, I have to tell you it all depends on the type of hair loss pattern you have and the type of donor you have available. Do you have photos you can post up?

FUE costs more than FUT. More like between $7 to $8 and some places even $10 or more per graft.

Strip (FUT), can help save you money and with the right recommended surgeon can save you from a bigger scar. No matter what, with FUT you will have a visible linear scar that will show with a clip 1 or 2 fade. Most guys can get away with Clip 3 and 4 with Trichophytic closure by an experienced surgeon.

With FUE, it allows you to get skin tight fades, or gives you more flexibility with your scalp if it is done right too. Punch size also matters, my own personal preference would be .7,.8.,.9 punches. Anything over 1mm i'd evaluate because the bigger the punch size the more chances for dot like scars in the donor region.

If you are going for a mid conservative look and keep your hair on the sides long, and not buzzed or faded, then strip (FUT) may be a good option for you but i'd highly recommend you going to a surgeon that has proven results. Especially, a surgeon that can give you the most minimal scar. No matter with what type of transplantation, you will have a scar, but the key is to go to a surgeon that can minimize it. You don't want a huge scar that you need to get corrected later on, you want to get it done right the first time.

If you keep your hair really short, like crew cut or sides faded really close, then FUE would be the route to take. You do recover faster with the FUE procedure.

See if you can get your deposit back, this is how unethical companies pull ya in. If they aren't good enough, they know if you change your mind and find out how terrible they are, they still have your money.

Hair restoration is a serious process. I wouldn't trust any unknown surgeon, and hair club or bosley or any other franchise with an unknown doctor would not be allowed to operate on me. There are a lot of people that have had multiple repair procedures due to botched jobs. They went to recommended surgeons on this forum to get them fixed.

Edited by Sean

Definitely don't go to hair club. Just walk away from your deposit. They are overpriced anyway and have a terrible reputation. There are several outstanding surgeons you can find on this forum. You can consult online and by phone. This is such an important decision and once you use those grafts you can't get them back. I highly recommend that you consult with about five top clinics, any one of which will do a fine job for you. You will then find the one that you are the most comfortable with.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1