Topical Finasteride & Dutasteride - Already Made

Einstein

There are mixed reviews (even studies) concerning topical finasteride and topical dutasteride usage. The one problem I do however see is that dosage must be kept low so that they are not systemically absorbed.

What I'd like to know is:

What are the most effective, yet safest doses of topical dut and fin?

How effective are these topicals at blocking scalp DHT?

I'm an average athlete who weight trains for a hobby. I do use steroids and I do have a source where we attain some of our products from online (not steroids, just some meds to counter-attack the sides associated with roids). This source online is very reliable and carries already made topical dutasteride and topical finasteride in the following doses: Actually everything they sell is made by them. And so far everything else we buy from them is good to go. So there's no need to worry about the legitamacy.

Topical Finasteride

5mg/ml

150mg per bottle

Topical Dutasteride

0.5mg/ml

15mg per bottle

I'm not going to post the source, sorry. I'm just looking for some feedback to my questions.

Einstein,

I'll try to answer your questions, with as much explanation as I can, from my limited knowledge, in order to avoid offending you.

What are the most effective, yet safest doses of topical dut and fin?

How effective are these topicals at blocking scalp DHT?

Price in 2000 and Rushton earlier in 1996 determined that the use of topical Finasteride was nominally effective in the inhibition of DHT. If there were any such effects, it was because of systemic resorption (absorption); (which I believe, you are trying to avoid, by using the topical preparation)

So the effectiveness comes from the penetration of the drug into sub-cutaneous level and into the blood stream, i.e. systemic effectiveness.

I hope this helps and I hope my verbage was not harsh.

take care...

So the effectiveness comes from the penetration of the drug into sub-cutaneous level and into the blood stream, i.e. systemic effectiveness.

I completely agree with mmhce. This whole topical finasteride etc annoys me as when you think about it there is absolutely no reason to why a topical 5alpha reductase inhibitor should work....

DHT is in the blood. Anywhere that receives blood e.g. your scalp, will receive DHT.

Now, blocking androgen binding to follicles etc is probably worth discussing??¦

Blond.

-----------------------------

PhD (Experimental and Clinical medicine)

1.25mg Finasteride

Minoxidil 5% (EOD)

Nizoral 1% (x3/week)

• 3 years later...

I believe topical finasteride works well from my own experience and not cause of systemic but because of going into the scalp hairs. Just add it to your shampoo or minoxidil lotion. I personally buy the generic here (Link removed by moderator) without a prescription and had no problems.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

• 3 months later...