Redness in graft area, after 1 month

Well, I'm 6 weeks and 1 day today. Still have the redness and shows the outline of the area where grafts were placed. I saw my surgeon about a week ago who gave me a steroid based lotion and some antifungal based shampoo to use, though he didn't indicate that I had any particular problem, just thought those things might help. The acne I get in this area contributes to the redness somewhat. I was hoping the graft area would be normal by now because I want to style my hair back again, the way it use to be.

I was still noticeably pinkish at eight weeks and beyond. Nothing to worry about. It will fade in time.

You can view the 8 week results from my first hair transplant here.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I am at 6 and half weeks,has faded considerably but appears more more red with exposure to certain lighting.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Lingering redness really varies between patients. Topical steroid treatments are what usually prescribed. Time more than anything will resolve the lingering redness.

You should see a noticable difference at 90 days post-op. try using a mineral based make-up to camoflauge the area until then if it really bothers you.

Fairer skinned people can experience this more than darker pigmented individuals however the level of callogen also has a bearing on this.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY