effect of chemicals on NEW (transplanted) hair.

I am a chemist andcome across harsh,fuming chemicals.I am post-op 4 months 20 days.I see new hair coming out as sprouts from all the grsfts transplanted few months before.till now I kept myself away from chemicals/job but now when I see new precious hair I am supposed to work in contact with chemicals.

so my question is obvious,does such a enviroment affetcs new growing hair as they are weak,transparent and not matured?

also does lemon(used during hair wash) can damage these small new hair?

Please reply.

thank you in advance.

I am also a chemist although I have not worked the bench in a while. I do not believe that exposure to industrial chemicals will hinder your hair growth. Think of it this way, do chemists in general have less hair than the general population? I know we are talking about newly transplanted hair but once planted and it takes root (Which is very early on), then its all about blood flow. As long as that is there to nurish the hair, you will not have an issue.

Certainly, if you are not following your MSDS and exposing yourself to ultra high dangerous levels, then who knows but in that case, the effect on your hair would be the least of your problems :)

I am sure you are fine.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

The real key is that the recipient area has completely healed before applying any topical chemicals and products. I am referring to thos products developed for hair.

You want to follow your own doctors advice post-operatively speaking.

Allowing time to take its course is the best recommended advice at this point.

Best wishes to you as well.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY