considering a hair transplant

billyconlon

hello all.ive been on rogaine foam and finasteride for close to 2 years now so my hair loss appears to have stopped.its actually got slightly better i would say since i started using these products, anyways im considering a hair transplant.

any suggestions on how many grafts i may need.who would u consider to be the best doctor also.im 28 btw. and before anyone mentions it,i have been doing research for over a year now.im really considering going to dr.feller in new york. any suggestions on him or points of view?? thanks alot (ive attached a picture to this)

Edited by billyconlon

Welcome to the forum. It appears that you are experiencing some thinning throughout the top of your head, appearing like an early 5A. With the medication you're using that should stabilize that loss and should keep much of that native hair. As expected the hairline has receded even with the medication but from the photo I see here, which is not a great angle to see the entire area you want worked on I'd say you would need around 2000-2500 grafts. If you can add additional photos of the hairline and temples that would make it easier to determine how many grafts you need. You should see a doctor in person though to get a better evaluation that way they can inspect your donor supply as well as really see the area being worked on. Dr. Feller is highly recommended.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr Feller is an excellent choice..Not sure how many grafts you will need, still have a lot of native hair! Consult with Dr Feller, Im sure he can give you a better idea! As far as surgeons, keep doing your research...my finals were- Drs Limmer, Konior, Gabel, Shapiro, And Rahal..Get you a list of about 5 and narrow it down..have more than one consultation..in the end, I chose Dr Rahal.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

In order to give you a more accurate recommendation for the number of grafts needed in your case you would need to provide some additional photos. If you wet you hair a little and comb it back that would give a much better view of how much hair loss and recession you have. All of the doctors mentioned do very high quality work.

Welcome to the forum and good luck to you with your doctor search. Good for you for getting on Fin and Minox. Even though you are thinning you still have tons of native hair to keep. There are a lot of great surgeons out there but there are tons more horrible ones. So tread carefully.

And dude, are you wearing any pants in this picture?!? :eek:

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

hey billynopants

I went with feller in 2007 and had 2100 crown grafts , top surgeon and my results are very natural , I'm going back to have the front tweaked in 2012 , you wont go wrong with Dr Feller .

Spex great vid and billynopants has very similar loss to this , good choice .

I know I had the crown done but I've included a link to my Feller results below

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/163760-dr-feller-uk-patient-richie48-2100-crown-grafts-2007-2011-brand-new-update.html

good luck buddy

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

ahhaah billynopants..well richie-could you give me some info on the whole thing,such as where to stay,would i need to stay there for a week to get the staples removed or can i return to the u.k.? i know cost shouldnt matter but im estimating it will cost around 10 thousand dollars total?is there any tax relief on that.any other info would be greatly appreciated.thanks

Hey billy

I have included a link to my original blog , please take a look , there are loads of tips and info written in it , it will answer your questions and then some .

I flew home 2 days after my ht , and removed the staples myself , there is a item in my blog on diy staple removal .

The exchange rate was a lot better in 2007 , so I'm not sure of the cost now , and as for tax relief , not sure , it would deffinatly be worth you giving spex a ring , great guy , loads of info and really approuchable .

richie

Hair Restoration Site for richie48

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

• 2 months later...