Need advice on transplant

I went to two doctors, and they both said I should wait with HT.

They said that in the crown I have enough hair, and it will be hard to work on that area, making the results not significant enough.

I also understand that the current hair might suffer a shock after the transplant.

What do you guys think I should do.

Thanks

Edited by Ethanjorg

I think those doctors were probably right, especially if you are as young as you look to be. Were you also looking for work to the frontal area at the same time?

I feel like I mention Propecia and Rogaine in every post but have you tried either of these two main treatments? They can do wonders for the crown and midscalp regions.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I think you should try propecia first. You actuall appear to be developing a NW4 pattern. I would not start using grafts in the crown just yet.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for the replies.

I am on Propecia for the last 5 years, and im 29 years old.

In some online consultation i was offered some work on the crown, but these Doctors didnt see face to face.

What should I do? What would you say is the main reason for not doing a transplant, shock-loss?

I was your age with similar hairloss when I started on the HT journey. I wouldn't rule you out as a candidate for a HT, but you must be aware that you will need another procedure at some point. If I were you I'd want those temple regions filled out and get some crown and mid-scalp work done. Tough to tell what your forelock area is like, but you might want to consider adding grafts there too if possible just in case that area thins quickly to reinforce it.

Who did you consult with? You should do some in person consults...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for the replies.

I am on Propecia for the last 5 years, and im 29 years old.

In some online consultation i was offered some work on the crown, but these Doctors didnt see face to face.

What should I do? What would you say is the main reason for not doing a transplant, shock-loss?

Ethan

If you've been on propecia for 5 years, has it stabilized your hair loss? If so, I may be in the minority here, but I think your ready to look at HT..You look like a good candidate to me!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website