Where is the best place to undergo hair transplant in London?

twinspark

Hi Guys,,,

This is my 1st post in here. So I would like to say Hi to everyone...

I'm 32 years old and I have been experiencing hair loss for the past 1 or 2 years. I believe my condition is not severe. I have tried using Rogaine foam but I dont think it regrew any hair. So i thought of discontinuing it and seeking transplantation. I'm not sure though what to expect.

I'm seeking your advice on the best method to opt for (FUE vs strip) and the best doctor and/or clinic in london to undergo this surgery.

Thank you,

Farjo clinic is your only option.

I will start contacting them today. I was thinking of the Harley street Hair Clinic, anyone heard of it ?

I really wish to know what results to expect! I have been contemplating about having a transplant for the past 3 months. The thing is I don't want to have a life full of restrictions afterwards, special shampoo, special medication & above all will the pay back be up to my expectations :confused:

Mate , 3 months is not enough time to educate yourself fully about HTs

Read this thread below

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/163780-fut-fue-uk.html

I have written loads of infomation about everything you have asked in there .

I spent years on research and I suggest you do to , educate yourself and you will find the most consistant and natural results are from North America and Canada .

Don't let geography sway your desision and go with the best , If you get this wrong you will regret it bud .

Read the other thread and check out the links in it , it answers all your questions and more .

Good luck

richie

Edited by richie48

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Hi Im in the same position. Although I have been looking around for years only to be told I was too young. I am now 23 with very little hair left in the top frontal area.

The best person I have spoken to for advice is spex ( through this website/forum). May have only been a couple of emails but really got me thinking. I changed the whole way of finding a clinic/surgeon.

maybe do your research on great surgeons around the Globe and pick say 5. Get online consultations off them, then go from there.

Im starting to see with the top surgeons there advice to me is more or less the same.

When I was contacting willy nilly there was huge differences in opinion it was scary. From needing 800 grafts for a new hairline up to 4000 grafts.

It must be hard for any surgeon to give you an opinion from just photo graphs, so make sure the photos you send are the best quality.

Do your research as I am. But dont let a plane trip put you off.

Hi mate

You need to do the following:

Consult with as many patients and surgeons as you can; you will need to meet HT patients in the flesh so you get an idea of what can and can't be achieved.

In the UK, options are limited to Dr Farjo - give Mick a ring.

There are at least 3 surgeons in Belgium who produce top class work and it's only an hour away, and further afield there are guys in USA and Canada.

The main thing is to research and don't rush into anything!

I really appreciate your replies guys! I will definitely contact Dr Farjo based on your recommendations. I just have 2 more questions, can anyone please post some closeup pics of the scars left behind FUE transplantation.

Also, will rogaine foam work on the front scalp or its just for the vertex ( I know that its intended for the vertex. Yet many people are stating that it works on the fron & mid as well).

Thank you,

• 1 month later...

After sending my pics, it was recommended for me to try medication first as the bolding pattern is not defined yet. I have areas with thick hair & areas with obvious shedding. The front hair line is fine though. I was advised to take 5% rogain foam + perfectil vitamins & Phytolioum 4 herbs (still new & no adequate research about it). I'm still 32 about to get married so I postponed propecia till later. I hope the rogain wont affect my sexual drive. I have been using the above medications for almost 1 month now.

If i was you, i would avoid uk clinics completely. Farjo is best of a bad bunch in the Uk and not in the same league as the surgeries in US, Canada and Belgium.

Harley street hair clinic is where Wayne Rooney went for his Fue but there is better than that abroad.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 3 weeks later...

He was the other one i was going to mention but i personally don't know much about him. I am sure other members on here will know.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

DC111, I personally would advice you look even further than belgium as well.The US and Canada are where the highest number of elite surgeons reside and with the pound stronger against the dollar than the euro, it is definitely worth looking into. Hair transplants are for life and you may only get one, so you need to make sure you get the very best available as you do not want to have any regrets.