dealing some bad hair lose situation pictures included

i am 20years old. my hair start loosing since i was 15/16years old. i attached few photo's in good quality so u can see what is my hair lose condition right now. my father and grandfather has "VI" hair lost pattern as in the image of hair lost pattern i attached here. but for me only the front hair is reducing for the past 5/6 years, not in middle, in middle i have thick hair, u can see that in my photo's.

few things that i want to mention in this post is:

-i got try 2 or 3 type of traditional tonic 2years ago to stop hair falling. But i didn't use it for long and i stop using it in middle, because don't see any difference in my bold spot. i don't remember the tradional tonic names at all.

-I am not in any medication. i never took any tablets before to try stop hair losing, just got try 2type of traditional topic 2years ago which i stop immediately because no difference.

i understand if i do hair transplant now to make myself look like the way i was 5/6years ago, in few more years i might start loosing more hair but will have less donor grafts. but my question is can i do moderate hair transplant for the front area where bold spot in left and right? how many graft do u suggest?

_DSC.jpg.ed443b7103110f69aaf88adb13ebff2f.jpg

_DSC0033.jpg.64710271ef9d94c396ebf25fcbb1c4dd.jpg

_DSC0034.jpg.6503a5541061e94e00207645496747dd.jpg

_DSC0035.jpg.86af26ad43a7ad8622da017b12c78763.jpg

_DSC0036.jpg.b057dc93e3f76cb961a247fc44c67376.jpg

_DSC0037.jpg.11bc078a13947cb3c230a04e21444f11.jpg

_DSC0038.jpg.575158aaad4d9b3459b40796b48c0626.jpg

_DSC0058.jpg.3506b3652437991f032ca41800025b2c.jpg

male-baldness.gif.fc541856fdfc27b41b3f931bb968f75f.gif

Edited by singam

Hi Singam,

You should look at getting on meds now if you can, minoxidil and propecia and then assess in a years time how you have responded to the meds. It's only my opinion but you need to assess your hair loss pattern before going down the hair transplant route.

Because of only being 20 i think most people would advise not to have a transplant at such an early age because of the possibility of future hair loss. I know you probably don't want to hear that, but best to be honest and make the right choices now rather than later in life regretting the decisions you made earlier.

Hope this helps

Regards

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Your hair appears to still be thick overall, and I don't see any loss at your crown. As you are still very young, it's possible that you'll end up a NW VI like your father and grandfather.

Your goal should be to try and stop further loss, and I advise that you research Propecia (drug name Finasteride). You probably won't improve your hair by using it, but preventing further loss should be your number one priority before thinking about surgery.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Try Prospeica for at least a year first. See if hair loss stabilize. If it does, you can start considering a HT. Not before.

As you have hairloss in the family you should keep in mind that if you start on Prospeica and it works, you have to stay on it for the rest of your life or at least for as long as you want to keep your hair.

Where are you located? At your age I also would suggest you get on propecia/fin soon. The good news is that you do not have any crown loss, so it could be worse. The fin should at least stablize the loss.

I feel you are too young to get an ht but it would not hurt for you to consult with a reputalbe physician.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I agree that you should start the meds now and give it at least a year before making any decisions about HT's. If you did an HT now, you might really regret it a few years down the road if your hair loss gets worse.

Also, that's a very long pinky nail!

You've received excellent advice here. You should definitely consider Propecia (finasteride) to stabilize your hair loss. Reevaluate your balding in a few years and then consider some hairline augmentation if your hair is maintaining itself .

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Singam,

Welcome to our community. I'm sorry you felt a little disheartened by the initial lack of replies. However, you've received some excellent advice so far. I know how upsetting hair loss can be and wanting an immediate fix is not uncommon. However, given your young age and family history of hair loss, at this time, I'd recommend considering proven non-surgical hair loss solutions like Propecia and Rogaine. These two medications may help to slow down, stop or even reverse some of your hair loss.

Only hair transplant surgery is proven to grow hair in completely bald areas. But in my opinion, you should hold off in considering this option for the future if needed.

Best wishes in stopping your hair loss,

Bill