My Surgery with Dr Rahal. by kh

keithh

HairFusion,

Thanks for your comment. I’ve been following your page and the work looks really good. Congratulations.

Day 3 now. I don’t have much pain at all. The swelling in my forehead is getting better and as you said its now in my eyes and cheeks. I’m finding it hard to hear and have had a nose bleed. It must be the pressure.

I shaved my head because it is easier to keep the donor area clean. One of the guys staying at Foxbar kept his hair long and regretted doing so. He said his hair was in the way when cleaning, it took too long to dry and found it hard to apply the polysporin. The plus side is his donor area isn’t visible.

Capellie,

Iv came across a few cases wer they reopened the donor area, so I don’t think its unheard of. I was surprised when he told me he had to reopen because I didn’t realize he had finished taken the first strip. It was pain free and quick. I didn’t bother to ask any questions.

Its good your staying at Foxbar the whole week. I really wish I was. I fly back tomorrow and im not looking forward to it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey

Really interesting to see this post, very impressed by Dr Rahals results and getting a HT for 3000 grafts in feb, im pretty young too so pretty nervous but its good to see great results from Dr Rahal and hope your recovering well, im going out for a week due to it being cheaper for flights. Flying from London. I shall keep following your results but how was the whole experience?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Keith...looks REALLY good...very clean work as usual! You must be loving that great hairline!!!! This is gonna be another great outcome! Congrats and please keep us posted!!!!

Thanks guys.

Some of the hair has fallen out. I’m sure the rest will follow in the coming weeks.

For the first week post op my head was very swollen and I didn’t know if the hairline was gona suit me. Now that the swelling is gone I’m really happy with it.

My GP took the stitches out yesterday. He was very impressed with my HT and said it’s the best work he had ever seen and that the donor closure was f**king phenomenal. He asked me if I would meet with a friend of his who’s a plastic surgeon to show him Dr Rahal’s work. I didn’t really think he was that serious and said yes. Within 20 mins of leaving his practice I got a call from his secretary asking if I could come back in on Sunday to meet with them. Im not sure what their gona ask, but ill let u guys know 2mrw

Nice...that's pretty impressive...Don't quote me but I pretty sure I remember another patient stating that their GP was impressed with his suture work. Def good to know!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Lookin good! Why r u gonna shave it all off? How will dermmatch cover the scar?! If anything I think you should leave your hair and then use dermmatch on the scar at this length as that would cover it better?

Thanks Guys,

I just feel more comfortable keeping it shaved until the recipient area is ready to grow. I don’t mind if the scar is on display.

I had my work Christmas party on Friday and shaved to a No1 b4 I went out and put dermmatch on the scar. It didn’t completely hide it but it did a good job. The lighting in the restaurant and pub helped and no one noticed.

I will take some pics and put them up in the next few days with dermmatch on and see wat u guys think. Here’s a few pics with out it. I used my Iphone camera so there not the best.

IMG_2749.jpg.8a67b48319e2d306c687dd979e08f272.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg.81b50d82504b8701c1e5aca20f6b6fa8.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg.2f32cd2f6218a9c35789fb31a99dbec5.jpg

Thanks NewHair,

It was great getting them out. They wer so annoying wen trying to sleep.

One month tomorrow for you man. Bet u cant wait.

Im counting it day by day, but it is actually going by fairly fast!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• 4 weeks later...