1937 FUEs by Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

Tall Guy

Truly gutted for you as well, and you are doing the right thing by getting it off your chest. There is just no way to know what went wrong. The only hesitation is the issue of putting make-up on the site that you mentioned. I believe Joe from Hasson and Wond posted a video or photos some time back warning about the inflammation that can sometimes occur in putting even things like Dermatch/Toppik on top of receipient sites too early.

HOWEVER THIS IS NOT TO SAY THIS WAS THE CAUSE AND YOU SOMEHOW DID THIS TO YOURSELF. There is just no way to know, and indeed you have a great doctor in Dr. L. who will help you see this to the end.

Now: Good news---lots of cool stuff is happening. Sure you probably wanted lots of hair but you did not want a linear scar, hence FUE. You still have the option to shave down quite a bit. With both permanent and temporary ink now being employed by some of the medical providers on this site, SMP (or whatever its called by each doctor) can be added to your existing transplant--and to cover up the small FUE scars--to give you a fullish look with a close crop of hair. I think even Dr. L. was going to get into termporary SMP as well--along with Dr. Shapiro, Hasson and Wong, plus a few others so you can try it on and if you do not like it it will wear off.

So yes--feel gutted, keep talking about it--but there are options out there for you that are still non-invasive. Mentally it is tough to get back in the saddle after getting thrown, but this community and your some very caring doctors out there are in your corner.

Cheers

I wonder what went wrong. Not sure if you're comfortable with answering this, but was blood work done before the surgery? Do you have any vitamin deficiencies? Do you take any other medications?

Hi

Didn't do any blood work but everything's fine as far as I know. I take quite a lot of vitamins anyway and have a very healthy diet so I'd be very surprised if I had any major deficiencies.

TallGuy,

I'm very sorry to see that your hair transplant has not been successful. Speaking from experience, these things do happen from time to time. My first transplant yielded sub par results and I took my doc up on his offer to fix it and I'm very glad that I did. For whatever reason, the second time things grew as expected.

Ultimately, it's up to you what you choose to do but it's no surprise that Dr. Lindsey is here and standing behind his work. All is not lost. You may still get the happy ending you are hoping for.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi

Didn't do any blood work but everything's fine as far as I know. I take quite a lot of vitamins anyway and have a very healthy diet so I'd be very surprised if I had any major deficiencies.

I see. I would get a blood test done just to be sure nothing is amiss. The work itself looked good and Dr. Lindsey is a world renowned surgeon so something else has to be at play here... Does anybody know if for example, problems with the thyroid wold have a negative effect on the growth of transplanted hair?

Tallguy,

May be a bit of a stretch, but are you a smoker?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...
Tallguy,

May be a bit of a stretch, but are you a smoker?

No, not a smoker.

Intrigued by the thought it may have been applying make up to cover the redness that could've caused a problem. Although I only really put it at the front and it hasn't grown further back either, so unlikely that's the cause.

No, not a smoker.

Intrigued by the thought it may have been applying make up to cover the redness that could've caused a problem. Although I only really put it at the front and it hasn't grown further back either, so unlikely that's the cause.