DHT clinic Bangkok flooding??

organix

Hi everybody,

I decided to get a hair transplant with damkerng pathomvanich in Bangkok. I was planning to do it the end of the month/beginning of next month. However as you all know Bangkok is currently experiencing flooding. I emailed the clinic and they said "business as usual" - however I am skeptical about the practicalities of scheduling a trip now. Have any of you returned from DHT within the last week? anybody scheduling a trip or is currently there recovering post op? Would love some inside info as to the extent of the flooding!

cheers

Andy

Hi,

Just read a news report that states the flooding is getting closer to Bangkok cdb.

The report stated that the water hasn't breached the northern most of the city limits at this stage and it should take 3 weeks for it to drain.

DHT Clinic is in a multi story high raise building and shouldn't have any problems with floodiing. I think the main issue would be getting around prior and after the HT if the flooding gets that bad.

I'm not sure I really helped you and I guess you need to be in contact with the clinic. I had my HT with them in August 2010 and found that they are a professional cliinic and I would trust their judgement.

Regards

Rod

Hi Rob, thanks for your reply

yeah it's kind of touch and go at the moment. The problem will be getting around. I've seen some footage of the main street where the clinic is located, and whilst the water wasn't at the clinic sector yet, further along that route it was around knee height. My girlfriend phoned the clinic as she speaks Thai and they told her they were taking it day by day but the water is creeping closer. The last thing I want is to have to wade around in water getting to and from the hotel!

Andy

I'm actually now considering Dr Pong in Chaing Mai. The Bangkok option is the preferred one but looking increasingly uncertain, and it's kind of imperative I can make the stop on the way over to the UK and be back for Xmas. Anybody got any experiences with Dr Pong?

Stay away from Bangkok. Its really getting worse as flooding reaching to the heart of the city. My brother just came last week from there. You can wait longer for things to calm or go to Dr. Pong in Chaing Mai but i dont know if he is good enough because he is not recommended anywhere in this network or others but for sure he is cheaper.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I don't know if waiting is an option, I am due to be heading to Latin America early in 2012 and want to get it done before I go whilst I still have the funds to do so. I would say "damn these floods" but that would sound awfully ignorant and bad considering people have lost their homes and their lives - my heart goes out to them :-( I should really make an online donation. in fact I think I'll do that now!

Hi,

Are you actually booked with DHT Clinic and have you paid your deposit for the HT procedure? I definitely would not get a HT done if I had to tramp around in knee deep water after the procedure.

I'd sit back and wait to ascertain whether the floods recede. Doctor Pong seems to be getting a few posts recently but not many of his patients come back and give us a 12 month update.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Regards

Rod

Hi Rod,

nah I'm not booked up, I was all set to do so then learned of the extent of the flooding. There is no way on God's earth I'll be wading through water after it's done. My problem is also the window of opportunity for the HT, it's going to close soon, which is what is making me think about going to the Pongster, as it looks like these floods are in for the long haul. Considering my first HT I did NO research into the doctor or his clinic, and about 50% of the implants are no longer there, then i discovered I had actually gone to one of the UK's worst - I think even the fact I am posting about things and in email consultation with Dr Pong etc etc is a massive step up lol! I know what you mean about the lack of 12 month updates, but then again, I reckon many people post like crazy pre - op, then a bit post op, then when things start to grow they are happy and get on with their lives and forget about the forums - I know I probably would (although will try not to). Perhaps Path has way more western patients as he's in Bangkok? I dunno. C'mon Pongers, we need to hear from you all!

Andy

Hello,

My name is Mathieu K. and I had an air transplant 2 days ago at the clinic. I am here again today for a casual visit on the post-surgery.

Now for the situation regarding the floading I can garantee that there is no water yet in area which means it is all business as usual!. The floading is more in the north and it will be many days (even ever!) before the water arrives in the clinic area!

You can feel free to contact me for further question: +33679742200

Mathieu

Dr. Pathomvanich is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

DHT CLINIC (BANGKOK, THAILAND) 32nd floor, Paholyothin Place Building, Paholyothin Road, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400.

Tel: +662 6190 351-3  ,  Fax: +662 6190 353

Visit our website  http://www.dhthairclinic.com      E-mail: info@dhtclinic.com

Thanks for that info Mathieu K. My concern is what the floods are going to be like in the first week of December, I would have also wanted to be recovering in Bangkok near the clinic in the ensuing weeks should I need to go see the Dr. I don't know, it's a tricky situation

-------

Post by one of Dr. Path's patients

-------

Hi to all concerned, I am currently in Bangkok and have just had surgery at the DHT clinic. There are no signs of flooding in the CBD of Bangkok or anywhere close to the clinic. Traffic is flowing normally and every day commuters are having no trouble at all travelling to and from work. I am staying in Sukhumvit and have had no trouble what soever getting to and from the clinic. Lastley I am very satisfied with all the work that has ben done from Dr Pathomvanich.

(Name removed)

Dr. Pathomvanich is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

DHT CLINIC (BANGKOK, THAILAND) 32nd floor, Paholyothin Place Building, Paholyothin Road, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400.

Bill,

I am confirmed that DHT clinic is still flood free. The flood is about 2 kms away from my clinic as up Today (Nov 14th).

I have 2 of my patients answered the flooding situation in BKK because Andy wanted to know the recent patients who just have hair transplant done at DHT clinic. Andy also was informed by me regarding this situation. They had accessed to my account to answer the flooding situation since both are not the member of hair loss network.

If you watch CNN news about flooding in BKK, you will scare to dead. There are many area that the flood are bad, but inside BKK is still dry and I hope it will remain dry as long as no one remove the sandbag that block the water to flood inside BKK.

Damkerng Pathomvanich

Thanks for the answers everybody. Dr Pathomvanich, are the authorities saying anything about what the situation is looking like in December? is it expected to be much better by then? The only websites that provide seemingly accurate info I can find are in Thai, can't find anything online in English predicting the next 3 or 4 weeks

actually apologies to the board and to Dr Pathomvanich. It appears I was given inaccurate info - After I'd contacted the clinic I read on some Thai travel forums a few days later the situation had worsened in the area. Also my girlfriend phoned friends she knew in Bangkok and they said the road was flooded. However that main road near the clinic is massive and stretches a long way, so they were obviously talking about the road in a different sector. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi,

The main road that DHT Clinic is on goes on for miles and miles. Are you able to contact the clinic and book subject to the situation in Bangkok? I know that you really want the HT surgery but Doctor Pathomvanich and his staff are probably the best in Asia.

Good luck with your decision.

Regards

Rod

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Pathmovanich,

Thanks for your prompt reply and answering questions related to flooding. However, I strongly recommend you ask your patients to create their own accounts to avoid any confusion in the future. Besides, given the outstanding hair transplant results you regularly produce, we'd love to have more of your patients posting and sharing their experiences and photos with us on a regular basis :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear all,i have just had another procedure at DHT CLINIC BANGKOK

with Dr.Path.

Again his team performed a great service and i cant praise him enough for his professionalism and honesty etc etc.

The clinic is spotless as usual and the staff very attentive and i want to confirm to anyone booked for surgery that

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY

NO FLOODING AT THE CLINIC OR NEAR THE CLINIC

from the airport to the clinic theres absolutely no flood waters.

if anyone has any doubts

they can ask me or simply contact Dr.Path directly.

happy growing to all.