Nioxin/nizoral use after transplant.

Hi guys,

Just wondering how long it was after your transplant you resumed use of medicated shampoos like nioxin and nizoral. ?

I've remained cautious and stuck to baby shampoo for now.

26 days post op.

Many thanks

Chael,

I was on the same shampoos you are referring to prior to my transplant, nioxin and nizoral. I am dying to use them again but I it is still too strong at the moment according to patient care. After using baby shampoo, i had asked patient care if I can use nizoral and nioxin again, they told me it was best to use something softer after the baby shampoo. Shampoo's such as pantene pro-v or dove were suggested and I have been using them since.

However, I was advised that maybe a little after two months it should be fine to use nioxin again and a couple days more for the nizoral since these are stronger shampoos.

So, that means to use Nioxin at 2 month mark after transplant and restart Nizoral at the third month mark after transplant. You can probably get off the baby shampoo, but use something soft in the mean time such as Dove shampoo or Pantene Pro V to be easy on the grafts/scalp.

Edited by Sean

IMO, I wouldn't use Nizoral until I started seeing good growth from all the grafts. That's a very strong shampoo even in 1% and Spex has said it can trigger sheds.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D