Grow hair before ht??????!! Help needed!!!!

Hey...quick question.

I am having a HT with Dr. Rahal in December. I was told to grow my hair so that it will cover the scar. It has got pretty long (at least for me as I NEVER let it grow this long)...but my hair is now out of control...veryyy hard to style and look decent.

My question for everyone is that I have a big event in November and I really NEED to look decent for as I will be in the spot light somewhat...I was thinking I would slightly trim the sides just so they don't look so long and it will dramatically make me look better. So the question is how long do the sides have to be in order to cover the scar? I know the dr. shaves above and below the actual incision so I would imagine it would have to be pretty long?

Also...doesn't everyone shave down somewhat after like a month to blend everything? So what is the point in growing it out only to shave it down a little when a month passes? Basically does having longer hair on the sides really cover the scar???

I had my hair cut and styled some when I grew it out. I told them it needed to be at least an inch. They were able to keep it over an inch long and make it look decent. You definitely need to keep it long to cover the scar. I was really happy I did because it covered it completely.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Your hair doesn't need to be that long, it just shouldn't be shaved. Ask for a trim and keep at least one inch of length that should keep it easily hidden.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

the full shave? But your scar will be visible...why the shave look for?! Unless your getting FUE?!

I was also told to grow my hair for 6 weeks prior to the procedure - which is going to suck because of how thick my hair is on the sides and back - in front not so much. I am unfortunately going to try to avoid any formal holiday parties, etc, or just deal with it. Events that you can wear a hat to are probably on the table.