Number of graphs needed for 60 cm2

I'm trying to figure how many graphs are needed for the frontal third. I have measured approx 60 cubic cm and I have fine to medium fine straight brown hair. Assuming there is nothing there how many graphs would be needed to fill in the area. I have coverage there from previous surgeries but I want to know how many total graphs are needed on a completly bald frontal 3rd for reference. Thanks

Edited by vanitysucks

Vanity,

You should try (roughly) calculating this information with our Hair Loss Learning Center Graft Calculator. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I'm trying to figure how many graphs are needed for the frontal third. I have measured approx 60 cubic cm and I have fine to medium fine straight brown hair. Assuming there is nothing there how many graphs would be needed to fill in the area. I have coverage there from previous surgeries but I want to know how many total graphs are needed on a completly bald frontal 3rd for reference. Thanks

All depends on the density you are looking for: 45 gr per sq cm would be 2,700 grafts. 50 would be 3,000. 60 would be 3,600

So I would say anywhere from 2,700 to 3,750.

Hmmm, neat caculator. I wished it would show the number of estimated sq cm. I look like a zone 2 and 3. It goes up to 45 graphs per cm2 which is dense for the average hair calliber I assume. Any caculators that take in account hair calliber? Thanks

Is 45 gr per sq cm for thick hair and 60 for thin hair?

There are lots of factors to consider such as hair color/scalp color contrast, hair shaft caliber, how much donor hair you have available to spread over the entire scalp if the balding progresses to worst case scenario, etc. It's best to see a good surgeon and get their estimate. Most surgeons on here offer free consultations. The rule of thumb is you can lose roughly half your hair, depending on caliber and hair to scalp contrast, before it is really noticeable. So in other words depending on your original density of anywhere from 80-120 fu/cm2, it could take anywhere from 40-60 fu/cm2 transplanted to cover well. Most docs go denser in the hairline, then fade as they go back to save hair for future procedures.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I agree with RCWest that it's best to get an estimate from a surgeon (or three).

Remember that in most cases (including with the patient results you've seen and thought wow, I really want a result like that) the density of 60 grafts per square cm (or whatever the density is at the hairline) will not continue back through the entire frontal third.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com