Aloe Vera

I would recommend the shampoos that contain large amounts of aloe vera because you cannot overuse aloe vera. No particular brand, just read the ingredients when comparing products.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hey Jay, be wary and read labels before purchasing aloe gels. Many of them are made mostly with water and offer little healing benefits. I would buy the leaf and split it open. Or, instead of aloe you might want to try vitamin E oil, Emu oil and/or distilled witch hazel. They might be easier to apply to the area and are know to help the healing process too. As far as when to apply, always follow your doc's post-op care to T. Good healing/growing to you!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hey Jay, be wary and read labels before purchasing aloe gels. Many of them are made mostly with water and offer little healing benefits. I would buy the leaf and split it open. Or, instead of aloe you might want to try vitamin E oil, Emu oil and/or distilled witch hazel. They might be easier to apply to the area and are know to help the healing process too. As far as when to apply, always follow your doc's post-op care to T. Good healing/growing to you!

You're right. I think I'll just let nature run it's course. I will be using some bio oil on the donor scar once my stitches are out. That stuff works wonders on scars.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin

Pop into your local Holland an Barratt and just ask for the gel 99%

Also get some 750mg MSM tablet whilst there too.

Best

S

Thanks Spex. Ive got some MSM, just started taking that again.

At what point can you start the Aloe?

Hi Jaywalker,

You can start up at day 7-10 in my opinion. Mother nature needs dio the initial work and in actualy fact is the best healing agent of all however Aloe vera and also Distilled witch hazel are great products for healing matey so give Aloe a go from day 7 onwards and best apply at night when going to bed that way it can soak into your head nicely and just wash off in the AM. The die hards ( myself included) Wear a shower cap on head after application and this way saves mess and also creates a vacuum of moisture up top :cool:

Move onto DW after about 3 weeks if needed to really help draw out any remaining redness( Get it from Boots)

Best

Spex

Great thanks.

Yes, was going to leave alone until I know the grafts are securely in place.

Ive bought some bio oil for the scar, that stuff works wonders.

My friend had 12 stitches on his forehead due to an accident, and the repair job done by the hospital was awful. He was left with masses of scar tissue, right where everyone sees it.

He applied this stuff twice daily and it has shrunk the scar to virtually nothing, and sorted the colour out no end.

Whenever you feel ready. Grafts are solid after 3/5 days. Easy applying too many different things to the scar too soon. The scar needs to settle and not be fingered or played with. Be patient and give everything time. No rush!

Best

Spex

Yes, leaving well alone. Will probably start with the Bio oil after about 3 weeks.

• 5 years later...