Need help

susanta2413

Dear Senior Bloger's,

I need your rational views on my case. I am aged 28 years, loosing hair from last 2 years. From last few months I have doing research on hair transplant, and consulted some famous clinics online. Below is the resonses I have received from them, I have also attached the some photographs of mine to have your assessment on my case.

Following is the responses I received from various clinics;

Alvi Armani: -

They assessed that I need 6000 grafts FUE (in two session 1st 3500 grafts mostly on zone 1, 2 and 3. 2nd procedure will be voluntary for almost 2500 grafts) they will charge $ 7 per graft.

Hasson & Wong: -

They assessed me for 4500 grafts in one single session. The procedure will be performed by Dr. Wong. Grafts will be distributed from hair line to crown. They will charge on an average $ 3.8 per graft.

They also mentioned that only 5% of their patient experience aftershock loss and it is temporary.

Dr Umar(Derm Hair Clinic): -

He suggested me to have a 3500 graft procedure (FUE). After Shock can be permanent and almost 15% patients experience this.

Now from the above mentioned doctors I am more inclined to Hasson & Wong. The main reason I have not yet read any negative reviews online about them. They seem to be strait forward and their results are more of truthful not tampered with any marketing gimmick.

Presently I am into Finepecia(Generic Propecia) 1 mg from last 11 months.

Requested to review my pictures and suggest, if I can hope anything better now from surgical hair treatment.

Hi Bill, PAT and other senior forum member's,

Could you please allow me to send my photographs via personal message, as it seems I am facing some problem in uploading my photos.

Awaiting for your thought ful inputs.

Dear veteran blogers,

Please help me with your suggestions. I hope my choice of Dr Wong would be best, however the hairlines created by Dr. Wong are not as eye catching as of Armani or Dr. Rahal. But I am sure Dr. Wong can take my expectations into consideration and can focus on that to create a good result. Moreover I am not very much concerned of getting a very low hair line. My expectation is to have a decent hair line which will frame my face. All I need is to save my existing hair and to add density to it.

Awaiting for your replies.

Still facing some problem in uploading my pictures will try to resolve this on weekend.

Edited by susanta2413

Susanta,

There are two types of shock loss, permanent and temporary. What determines the difference is the amount of miniaturization you are going through in the area of loss and the surgical approach taken to add more hair.

Temporary shock is unpredictable and can happen to anyone. It is usually the result of surgery in that the blood supply to the existing hairs is interrupted due to the incisions being made. These hairs usually come back approximately around the same time that the newly grafted hair begins to sprout, This occurs between three to five months.

Permanent shock loss occurs due to damage of the native hair as a result of the incisions made for the new hair being placed. Typically, the angle and/or the direction of the incision crosses over into the path of growth of the native hairs and "transects" these hairs thereby killing them. Sometimes they are merely damaged but they come in weaker and/or wirey. Native hair can also be permanently shocked out if the hair is very near the end of it's lifespan to begin with. For example, if a hair is fine and cosmetically not very significant then the procedure might just be too much for it to handle regardless of any physical damage, thus it simply checks out and doesn't come back. These are hairs that typically would be gone in several months anyway.

How is permanent shock from transection avoided? Shaving the recipient area. Period. This allows the spaces to be better visualized and the angle/direction of the native hair to be matched. You are a NW5A (diffused) and are in need of a larger session. This is the only way to do it.

For the hairline issue you mentioned Dr. Wong can make a hairline for you that will be as you described. It will frame your face well but it will also insure that it is appropriate for you as an adult. You have a large area of thinning and even though you are not bald per se you are still young with the potential for aggressive future loss. That is why it is imperative that when you address your current issues with surgery there must be enough left "in the bank" to address future issues should you lose more. Lowering your hairline too much or closing the temples only takes hair away the donor bank that may be needed later in life. Of course, Propecia is an important part of any long term goal.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

You have only been losing hair for 2 years, but you are getting quotes as high as 6000 grafts? Just how aggressive is your hair loss? Is it affecting the whole top of your head or certain areas? If those are your 3 picks for surgeons, I'd WAY go with Dr. Wong.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hi All,

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have added some of my photographs to help you assess my situation better. I am into propecia since Nov'10, and my hair loss is almost stopped. Presently I am keeping my heads shaved to skin.

The photographs were taken 2 months after head shaving to skin.

@ Elnino,

I don't expect a low hairline. what I expect is to strengthen my existing hair line and add density to the thining areas. I prefer to keep my hairs short.

After consuting various clinics I am bit confused, as they gave a widely varied quotes to me.

H&W (Dr Wong) : - 4500 grafts in one single session.

Armani : - 3500 and 2500 in two sessions (2nd one is optional)

Dr Umar: - 1500 for hair line and 3500 for entire thining areas.

Dr Madhu Pathuri: - 3200 in one session.

However I am more inclined to H&W. Dr Wong confirmed me about the hair line and density part keeping my age (28 Years) in mind.

I hope the pictures will help you all to understand my situation better. Please suggest if I can expect an improvement through hairtransplant.

And my 2nd concern is shock loss, I hope H&W is the clinic to care of it.

Image0652.jpg.8db9411f23361879c47f2356d512914d.jpg

Image0653.jpg.2ddab26a6518a0733fdc42041620b01e.jpg

Image0654.jpg.0713c703d0e7fc24cc31d7b6d7cbb458.jpg

Image0655.jpg.28b1e11f3f768cb1aa06faae58d24388.jpg

Image0656.jpg.7fe01ef110c99a73ca700794d6dbee85.jpg

Image0657.jpg.17bad54254c7ed498905e33979ac739f.jpg

Image0658.jpg.05b56b539a81f25d7a20d73f93e862ed.jpg

Image0659.jpg.1f1a197ec4f5be2f5c6fa20ac0191d88.jpg

Image0660.jpg.2e7cafd826092c7c4b7d4ab9aabbf5f8.jpg

Image0661.jpg.5a358eed4b277b66f6a45ddcdaafcf54.jpg

Image0663.jpg.fb17aa4aa3c0d73fdd8ac11f7b31825f.jpg

Image0664.jpg.d818a70595ec1d9983f16b8d7906bfdf.jpg

Image0665.jpg.4ab0e759c8a9e85b2c1c2d52968f608a.jpg

Image0666.jpg.52654633a200a5597513fc9160f18415.jpg

I think you have a great looking donor area and your hair texture may be really good. You might achieve a really great result using the suggested number of grafts the doctors have told you. This in conjunction with the size of your head will be a + for you. I think you can achieve great density but only a doctor will be able to tell you that in person, especially, during your procedure. In your particular case, you may be able to have hair line lowered and or temples worked on. This will depend on what the doctor suggests after looking at your density and hair texture/caliber. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Requested for your valuable feed back on my photographs. Please provide me with suggestions about what should I reasonable the HT, with number mentioned by the doctors. As mentioned earlier I am more inclined toward Dr. Wong so expecting a 4500 grafts session. Broadly I wish to add the density and to frame my face.

Waiting for your comments.............

You still seem to have a good bit of native hair remaining. I think Dr. Wong's quote of 4500 will give you a heck of a good result. In no way am I thinking you need the 6000 Armani is quoting.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hi there.

You are not, nowadays, a good candidate.

Your hair loss is diffuse and if you are experiencing hair loss for only 2 years you should wait until you see where it stops.

Besides, you are the typical case when the patient experiences shock-loss. Probably for each 4 paid grafts you will lose 1 native UF and after 12 months you will not notice a huge difference.

Use a low profile hair style and, since your receding hair line is not too big (cause your hair loss is diffuse) then it will be fine until you reach a better age to do the procedure. Try some concealers, too (they work fine when the remaining hair is well spread as yours).

Don't do anything in the next 7 years, except concealers.

By the way: do not look for high density cause you'll always have to keep some donor area for the future and, besides, if you apply strip procedure you will need a large strip to provide a good denity (and large strips is too risky to suffer from a large scar on donor area).

Good luck.

@ Brazilian,

Yes indeed the shock loss is of a concern for me. However H&W seems very much confident in avoiding it. Moreover I have been loosing hair from quite a long time but started noticing it in last 2 and half years. Presently my hair loss almost stopped probably for the continuous use of Finpecia (Generic Finstride) from last 1 year. The age at which I am, it is very important to look better and after 7 years from now I may not be so much worried about my appearance, I hope you are understanding from where my comment is stemed.

Hi RCWest,

I hope Dr. Wong would be able to help with my expectations. As Joe mentioned in his post on this thread, I need megasession for my kind of diffused hair loss pattern. I am indeed keeping my fingers crossed and for the big day. Will finalise the day once I am done with my financing.

Need further suggestion guy's. I prefer buzzed cut hair style, with 4500 grafts transplanted, how short would I be able to keep my hairs to so that the donor scar is not visible ?

Moreover as "Sean" mentioned above size of my head can also be an advantage in my case, hope this will create some room to have little temple works also done [:)].

Any comments on this.