Corvettester's 2 Month Update: Dr. Dorin 1,305 FUT

corvettester

Dr. Dorin 1,305 FUT: 2 Month Update

This week marks my two month update from my second HT with Dr. Dorin consisting of 1,305 grafts FUT. Incidentally, it’s also my one year update from my first HT with Dr. Dorin of 1,696 grafts FUT.

So two months out and all is well. I experienced no noticeable shock loss, no swelling and no discomfort or complications. My scar is healing well and is smooth and level with the rest of my scalp. The numbness has completely subsided and my head feels whole and normal again.

I’m just starting to see the first hairs sprouting out in the past week or so. Just like after my first HT, I only had about 30 FUs sprouting by the second month. Everything is looking normal and feels fine.

Unfortunately, you won’t be able to see much new growth from the photos, which is due to the fact that so much of the hair from my first HT covers the newly sprouted hairs. However, I can see them coming through when I look closely in the mirror, not to mention I'm starting to get pimples just like last time.

Basically, I feel like this update reveals more from my first HT than from my second, but as expected, my second HT ended up cutting some of my new growth from the first, hence making it a little spotty in some areas. Thus, I don’t think it’s really fair to call this my final result from my first HT because the second HT cut so much of the hair from the first…

All in all, things are looking good. I’m eager to achieve the density that I desire and I hope that this second procedure will give me just that…

By the way, I have more, better quality pics in my HTN Profile Photo Album and Hair Loss Website, link below.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Looking good Corv. I'll always be jealous of your native hair! And that is no backhanded compliment - the transplanted hair is looking on pace a great result as well.

Edited by aaron1234

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Things are looking good Corv! When this grows in you should be all set and just have to monitor your crown. Judging from your crown shots you are looking great and no present worries. However, keep on it and examine it as you don't want to get on propecia too late and play catch up. Good stuff though and keep us posted!!!

Things are looking good Corv! When this grows in you should be all set and just have to monitor your crown. Judging from your crown shots you are looking great and no present worries. However, keep on it and examine it as you don't want to get on propecia too late and play catch up.

Yes, I don't think it will be such a big deal to monitor it closely. Basically, if I see a bunch of hair on my pillow when I wake up, or if my hand is covered in hair after shampooing, or if I feel thin on top while combing or styling, I'll know to get in gear with the Propecia. Like I said, I'm not against taking it. I just don't want to take it until it's necessary.

Also, I'll be going back to see Dr. Dorin every three or four months for follow up visits over the next year, so that will help a lot too as I'll have documentary evidence to compare against.

At the very least, it's still less maintenance than having to take a pill every day...

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Looking good Corv!

I can barely even tell what's going on with my hair. Last time I had such bald areas it was easy to see the new growth. Now, I can't tell what is and what isn't other than I can feel different textures in my hair. But I'm still not sure what's up. I did however, just look in the mirror and notice some pimples, especially at the hairline, which is a good sign of course! Glad to hear your scar is healing well...mine is still rather pink, but I think it was last time too.

Happy growing!!!

teach77