Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration Patient FEI was a Norwood Class 4A with medium weight, straight brown hair. Photo taken after one hair transplant session of 1,210 follicular unit grafts.

Click the thumbnails below for a larger view.

Before / After:

2048-1b-l.jpg.af874fa68feac1911a0f7450cba8d72b.jpg

Left: Before Hair Transplant

Right: After One Session

Detail of Hairline:

Note the different looks achieved with back vs. side-to-side grooming and the much greater appearance of fullness with the latter.

2048-2d-m.jpg.dc5b462e1cc606c0b6b5c1d4dfed25be.jpg

Left: Before Hair Transplant

Center-Left: Position of Hairline

Center-Right: After 1st Session, Combed Diagonally Back

Right: After 1st Session, Left to Right Grooming

Visit our Hair Transplant Gallery to view this patient's complete photo profile:

Patient FEI

2048-1a-l.jpg.3748760f8f6eda618f69f98f4d30faad.jpg

2048-2a-m.jpg.a8f4495e8062705e4913abfc91066a06.jpg

2048-2b-m.jpg.cf8f35efee3120387a452d8e035a65e3.jpg

2048-2c-m.jpg.69b276ebd31cec19b6d9414e4e01f9ee.jpg

Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration

Schedule a consultation HERE to request a graft estimate and quote.

Follow us on InstagramFacebookTwitter, and YouTube

The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. For a more detailed look at our safety measures, click here. 

Got questions? Call us at 212-826-2400 

Dr. Bernstein is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I think Dr. B is a pioneer and very good but way too conservative IMO. Too many examples of NW 4+ starting out with 1200-1500 grafts when they clearly need a much bigger start. I have asked the question several stimes of Dr. B on this forum but have never gotten a response as to why such a ultra-conservative approach. SMG is also conservative but not too conservative and I would consider their philosophy pretty solid.

There is conservative, agressive, and then there is Dr. Bernstein.

Having said all that, it is a nice natural result and good coverage for the amount of grafts. Imagine if he did 3000.....

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Maybe Im too young or "hip" but Im surprised I see so many parted hairstyles. In my opinion, this only adds years to someones look. To me, if is very unflattering in todays world. I understand this may be a bit off the subject of the work itself, but it is relevant in me deciding to have another procedure. If Im left with the only option to have this hairstyle I will just shave my head. I would never feel comfortable with this "all too common post-operative" hairstyle. A "Caesar" haircut would take years off someones age, provide great coverage for the temple area, and stop the receding hair look that a part-style shows so much. I would like to see some forums of recommended hairstyles for men after their HT surgery. This is not intended as any criticism on Dr. Bernstein. He is a skilled Doctor.

I agree with SHADOW. I think Dr. Bernstein provided great results with 1210 grafts, but is there a reason that more were not used? Patient choice? Tight scalp? Poor donor hair?

I agree, I would love to see a section on this web site dedicated to great hairstyles after having a HT.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Im actually going to make one now! This is the title:Get a great hairstyle after your HT! This thread is not intended to talk badly about others, but lets face it, if we keep up with the styles and fashion, then all the money we spent on a HT is only going to help make us look and feel better about the time and effort we have put into making positive changes with ourselves. Sometimes, the opinions of others can help us see something that we were not aware of. There is a reason so many men read magazines like GQ, we want to stay "in the scene" and look and feel the best we can. A great hairstyle can only help us!

I think Dr. B is a pioneer and very good but way too conservative IMO. Too many examples of NW 4+ starting out with 1200-1500 grafts when they clearly need a much bigger start. I have asked the question several stimes of Dr. B on this forum but have never gotten a response as to why such a ultra-conservative approach. SMG is also conservative but not too conservative and I would consider their philosophy pretty solid.

There is conservative, agressive, and then there is Dr. Bernstein.

Having said all that, it is a nice natural result and good coverage for the amount of grafts. Imagine if he did 3000.....

I transplanted this patient on March 7, 2000 (over 11 years ago) when we were using fewer grafts. I have been posting patient on the net since 1995 so a fair number of cases were done years ago. I would judge these cases by their naturalness. I agree, if transplanted today, I would have used significantly more follicular unit grafts - perhaps double this number.

That said, in my opinion, it is generally a mistake to value a transplant on the absolute number of grafts - with more being better than less. The "art" is to get the best cosmetic improvement while conserving the most donor hair for the future, particularly in a patient with limited hair loss. With well placed/positioned grafts and a high percentage of graft survival, sessions of 3,000 and up are often not needed and the more "conservative" proceedure has a lower risk of significant donor scarring, better graft survival and, of course, conserves hair for the future.

Sincerely,

Dr. Bernstein

Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration

Schedule a consultation HERE to request a graft estimate and quote.

Follow us on InstagramFacebookTwitter, and YouTube

The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. For a more detailed look at our safety measures, click here. 

Got questions? Call us at 212-826-2400 

Dr. Bernstein is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians