HT with DR. Rahal 2556 Grafts.

Guest justmike

Guest justmike

I had surgery Mon. Sept 19 with Dr.Rahal for 2556 grafts had a great experience. I would like to thank this forum for all the useful info in helping me choose the right Doctor. Anyone thinking of getting a HT, the best advice I can give is to research, research, and more research. I researched this forum and others for 6 months before making my decision. But ultimately the decision must come down to you. Everyone has there favorite Docs and own opinions but I had no doubts going into surgery. It was a personal decision. Best of luck!

IMG_3657.jpg.3e31d70ca521510467496220a479418f.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg.fcd5044f31149be6de8d5e03399ae43e.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg.158859414cfbb7ce35c6a1fa35a51b15.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg.683568959a003cec67f951f91b0b9d69.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg.b2b020f54850c0dfc1ce67f38c792cab.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg.9a466ea15e9a2523b36ffcab9046b789.jpg

Mike,

Thanks for sharing. No doubt, you're in for a great result. A few questions though...

2,556 grafts seems a little on the low end for your amount of hair loss, especially considering that Rahal did your procedure. Why so few? Do you have a low donor supply?

I can't tell from the pics, but did you address the crown? Regardless, I think I understand what the surgical strategy is...

Grow well. I wish you the best.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Guest justmike

Hey Corvetteser,

I didn't go in detail on my post but this is my fourth HT, First two were a disaster done by a unreputable doctor. I was young and didn't do any research. Then my third was done by Dr. Hasson, 2800 grafts. Also, great experience. So, having had 3 prior HT's, my donor area is limited. I was lucky to get the 2556. No crown work was done. I will wait and see how this grows in to either work on the front more or tackle the crown. All depending on what is left in my donor area. I plan is to use FUE for small work in the front to hide or reuse old minis, and save FUT for the crown. Although, I am starting to accept being bald in the crown. To me it's out of sight out of mind, I can't see it until I use two mirrors. But the front is what I see and others see right away.

I have a few questions also for you if you dont mind. What kind of hair do you have? Is it fine, etc.. Also was there any concern by doctor Rahal that you have thinning all over making you less eligble for transplant? I ask this because your hairloss looks like the direction my hairloss could be going and I was always a bit concerned I wouldnt get good results from a transplant. Dr Rahal is the only doctor I would go to so I think you made the right decision regarding surgeon. Good Luck

Im curious about using body hair to fill in "see through" areas after our regular donor hair has been used up. It would seem that those shorter body hairs could prevent the "see through" look that is all too common. Is that a realistic possibility? I`m sure there are many posts on this I haven`t found, but Im also talking specifically to JUSTMIKE as it sounds like he doesn`t have much natural donor hair left. Have you considered this as a possibility for crown work?

Guest justmike

Hey Disphair,

No problem buddy anyway I can help you. I would say my hair is a bit on the coarse side, my hair gets thick n curly when grown in. There were no concerns as being not eligible, it depended on my donor area and how much he can get. Since, my last HT I have lost a lot more hair and Dr. Rahal was filling in for greater density, basically placing in the missing pieces of a puzzle. Taking in consideration of future hairloss. For me my expectations had to be realistic and accept that I will never have the hair I once had. Accetpence is key to this process. Hope, I was able to help. You cannot not go wrong with DR. Rahal. Good Luck

JustMike, congrats and I look forward to seeing your updates. Seeing this is 2556 grafts and it is dispersed on the scalp and even temple areas, I want to see how it looks in the months to come. Dr. Rahal really has a great strategy he uses, especially when working in between native hairs, he's really good at that and I feel and his placement maximizes graft growth. I have a good feeling this will be an great result. The work looks clean. I had surgery with Dr. Rahal too almost a month ago. Looking forward for your updates. Wish you the best.

2800 grafts with Dr. Hasson? In you pre op, it doesnt look like you had this much of grafts. Did your grafts with Dr. Hasson had poor yields? Wha really happened? Im curious.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Guest justmike

Hey hariri,

My hairtransplant with Dr. Hasson was done back in 2003. Since, that time i have lost a lot more hair. In my opinion all the hair you see in my preop pic is from that ht in the front and part of mid scalp. I dont have the pics from them to compare. I think I got good yield from that ht.