4 1/2 month pics from Altair's 7/23/04 procedure with Dr. Charles/1900 grafts

altair

Check with your doctor first, you probably shouldn't use anything on the scar until it's healed longer. Once the doc gives you the go ahead, there is something called Couvre that you can get in a color to match your hair. I've never seen in in a store, but you can get it online everywhere.

removing old pluggy grafts is difficult, and more often docs i recall choose to work around and in front if at all possible, my best wishes on a more pleasing result, I personally would not be able to say which way is best, but I know a finite donor supply has to be considered

Eventhough my results at the two week point are not very dramatic, it is still a huge improvement over what I had prior to the procedure. I am still going to need additional work done on the left side of my hair line and on top. I just hope that I have enough in the donor area for another 2000.

HT_006.jpg

HT018.jpg

Altair,

You are certainly healing nicely. I apologize because I am, for once, at a lack of words. That picture is worth much more than a thousand words, in my opinion. I really cannot wait until the August 2005 post!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Altair,

Your results are looking great early. The neosporin should help alot with frontal scarring from your old plugs. Also, take 3,000mg of MSM daily to get your hair to grow faster. Plus take propecia daily, this will also help the new hair be more healthy.

Best of luck and look forward to seeing your 6 month results.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just a few days away from my one month post op. I just wish I was three months along. To me the improvement is a dramatic improvement over what was there prior to the procedure with Dr. Charles. I just hope I have enough donor grafts left for another 2000!

HT.jpg

HT_006.jpg

HT12.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well I am close to three months post op. Most of the growth seems to be from the old plugs which were partially removed. However, I do believe that there is some new growth. Some of the old hailine plugs are still visible but I hope the new hair will hide them. Anyway, It is a huge improvement over what i had prior to the procedure.

S2010004.jpg

S2010002.jpg

hey Atlair.. welcome back!!

We've been wondering what's up.

One of your pics has minizurized. The improvement shows on the other, and man is it still early in the phase for you.

You still have a long journey and you should yield some major improvement.

So, how are you fairing? What is your prospective so far?

Ya, I sound like a woman, but we are all curious!

It is good to be back. My computer crashed about five weeks ago and I just got it repared. So far most of the growth is from the old plugs. There is some fine new growth but nothing to get excited about. I hope over the next sixty days I will really start to see something. I have had a significant amount of hairloss around the crown! This has concerned me. I know everyone talks about shock loss and I assume that is what is happening.I just cannot afford to lose anyone hair.

I don't think anyone on this forum can afford to lose anymore hair.

I think the evasiveness to your procedure maybe the cause of the delay on the front.

As for the crown, it is very well possible.

It is hard to say without seeing a before and after picture to compare. Are you taking any measures to fight against shockloss?

Are you or were you taking Minox, or Propecia/Proscar?

Just curious.

Great to hear back from ya, and hope you continue updates, now that your computer is fixed.

It's funny, I just shot you an private message, wondering what happened to you today.

hi altair

which is the new pic? the pic you attached was dated 6/20. i guess i will assume thats it.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

• 1 month later...

Well I am at 4 1/2 months post op.I do have some growth but there is not much density and it appears that some of the grafts have not come in. I have also had some severe shock loss. However, it is much better than what I had. Let me know what you think.

S2010008.jpg

S2010009.jpg

It looks 100% better than before, at least now it doesnt look like a butcher job and just looks like a natural thinning appperance. You have probably about 40% regrowth at 4 months, so you should see more improvement in the next 3 months-- keep posting pic updates-- good luck.

Big improvement from where you started. It's no longer shocking, as someone else said you look like a guy with hair loss (not like a guy with a bad HT).

Repair cases can be multi-stage processes, you seem to be off to a good start by eradicating the transplant look.

Grafts that are placed in scarred areas can emerge slower than they would for a first time patient. Also, recycled grafts can take longer to emerge. You have both scarred recipient, and recycled grafts. I would wait until you are at least one year out (or even up to 2 years) before you decide certain grafts did not grow.

If you still have some donor hair available, you should be able to make additional improvements. Congratlations on your current upgrade though.