Hair Transplant with Dr. Meshkin

romeo09

Hi Romeo09:

I am sorry to hear your HT was not successful. From personal experience, I know how frustrating it can be when there is no definite reason why your HT ultimately did not produce the results you were expecting. Saying that, I believe you still have options. I know you mentioned the possibility of shaving down. From your pictures, it appears you have retained a strong hairline which might work in your benefit in terms of framing your face. Have you ever experimented with buzzing down your hair? With some creative blending, I have been able to conceal my scar reasonably well (i.e. I take everything down to a 2 guard with blending of a 3-4 guard around the scar). If your scar is a bit wider, you could always look into FUE grafting which has generated a significant cosmetic appearance for some patients. There are also some other options out there that you could consider if you are interested in just improving the scar as much as possible.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Romeo09:

I am sorry to hear your HT was not successful. From personal experience, I know how frustrating it can be when there is no definite reason why your HT ultimately did not produce the results you were expecting. Saying that, I believe you still have options. I know you mentioned the possibility of shaving down. From your pictures, it appears you have retained a strong hairline which might work in your benefit in terms of framing your face. Have you ever experimented with buzzing down your hair? With some creative blending, I have been able to conceal my scar reasonably well (i.e. I take everything down to a 2 guard with blending of a 3-4 guard around the scar). If your scar is a bit wider, you could always look into FUE grafting which has generated a significant cosmetic appearance for some patients. There are also some other options out there that you could consider if you are interested in just improving the scar as much as possible.

I tried the buzz cut but if I go 4 or below the scar is visible well sometimes couple of them thought its a new hairstyle :) which was funny but ya.

Now i go by 5 which is ok but something is better.

thanks for the suggestion of blending the scar...let me try it this time...Cheers man

No problem...as long as you stay within a couple guard lengths (i.e. a difference of 1/4 of an inch), no one should be able to detect the difference. Also it appears you have darker hair so DermMatch might also allow you to buzz down shorter (from my experience, the darker your hair, the better everything blends). If you were to consider the FUE grafting into scar route, it would probably require around 300-400 grafts to allow you to shave down to maybe a 2 or 3 guard without any blending considering you can almost buzz down to a 4 guard. Of course, transplanting hair into a scar can be somewhat unpredictable with yield, but I have seen some pretty impressive results. I am looking into this option at the moment, but I am not ready to proceed...I am a bit hesitant about undergoing any other procedure after my initial experience.

No problem...as long as you stay within a couple guard lengths (i.e. a difference of 1/4 of an inch), no one should be able to detect the difference. Also it appears you have darker hair so DermMatch might also allow you to buzz down shorter (from my experience, the darker your hair, the better everything blends). If you were to consider the FUE grafting into scar route, it would probably require around 300-400 grafts to allow you to shave down to maybe a 2 or 3 guard without any blending considering you can almost buzz down to a 4 guard. Of course, transplanting hair into a scar can be somewhat unpredictable with yield, but I have seen some pretty impressive results. I am looking into this option at the moment, but I am not ready to proceed...I am a bit hesitant about undergoing any other procedure after my initial experience.

Thanks for the suggestion & yes i am on the same thing about getting my second HT after all this.

I'll check out Dermmatch...i kinda used toppik initially it was ok but let me checkout Dermmatch too....Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
As explain before the post op care is very important and it is one of the essential parts of the procedure specially for the first two weeks. We explain this to the patient both in the morning before the procedure and also review it after wards. We clean the transplanted areas throughly before we put the bandage on for the first night. We provide special post op care package, show the clients how to clean the recipient and the donor site, give them paper instructions and give our nurse and Doctors phone numbers in case they have questions. We also make appointments for the patient to come in for a follow up in one day, 10 days and two weeks to make sure this is done correctly, and if they live at a distance we keep in touch via email, phone calls or Skype. Dr. Meshkin calls all of his patients and reviews the instructions with them personally over the phone and asks them to contact him if they have any questions. However, once the client leaves the office we have no control over the post op care. Again we do not know the identity of this client and he has not contacted us, but if our guess is correct he came in once for a follow up visit two months after the procedure. If the client does not follow up with the doctor, does not show up at the scheduled post op visits and does not call, we have no idea of telling how this post op care was done. We take care of our patients from our end and expect the client to follow instructions and do the same when they leave the office. In this case it seems from the pictures that perhaps it was not done properly.

Athena - I have taken good care after the surgery & I did even meet the doctor after 6months & 1 year. I havent missed any of the appointments that were scheduled till the first year of the surgery.

I started losing hair gradually & I stopped propecia last dec 2014 as I didnt see any growth.

I have to apologize for the late response but I am not saying anything negative or I ever said anything negative about the whole surgery that was done. I said this didn't work out for me & you offered second HT after 1yr follow up which I wasnt ready to pay again.

I have a couple of friends who were waiting for the results so I updated my profile with my pictures.

Thank you