Is Revita Shampoo safe to use daily?

I'm already one month post OP. I'm back to Nizoral shampoo 2% twice a week as it helps stopping hair loss and dandruff very well. However I just purchased Revita Shampoo which contains many great ingredients as well Ketaconazole 2% which is the main active ingredient of Nizoral Shampoo.

What surprises me is that Revita shampoo says its safe to be used daily? Is it? It contains ketaconazole 2% similar to Nizoral, while Nizoral says no more than twice a day? I'm a bit confused.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Revita Shampoo Ingredients

• Copper Peptides – Just like in Tricomin and Folligen, Revida use the copper peptides technology for hair loss. This ingredient is known as an anti-inflammatory, anti oxidant and tissue building effect and also used to promote the follicles health.
  • Ketokonazole. This is also the active ingredient in Nizoral shampoo. Ketokonazole is an anti-inflammatory ingredient, and it’s proven anti-fungal action assists with any existing infection that may exist in the scalp. Additionally, it is also proven to help against pattern baldness and improve the effect of other hair loss products such as minoxidil. Ketokonazole is believed to be a mild DHT blocker and is considered to be a safe baldness cure.
  • Rooibos – the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of this ingredient is used to improve hair growth and help keeping healthy scalp.
  • Emu Oil – Well known anti-inflammatory ingredient that contains Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) that feed the scalp, and promotes hair regrowth.
  • Biotin - an important hair growth ingredient.
  • Amino Acids – the hair is made of protein, and amino acids are the foundations of any cell. Amino acids are required for cell and hair generation.
  • Caffeine 4% – caffeine, the same coffee ingredient, is proven to stimulate hair growth. Another famous shampoo that use caffeine as its active ingredient is Alpecin Shampo. Studies shows that caffeine stimulates the hair follicles to grow hair.
  • Apple PolyphenolProcyanidin B2 & C1 – powerful anti oxidants, also poven to improve hair growth. In a study made in Japan in 2000, Apple PolyphenolProcyanidin B2 & C1 showed better results then minoxidil.
  • Spin Traps – this is a general name for natural ingredients also known as anti oxidants that provides protection against free radicals.
  • Carnitine Tartrate – L-carnitine supports the transport of fatty acid “fuel” into the cells’ energy-producing mitochondria. A study made in Germany in 2007 shows this ingredient also stimulates hair growth by increasing energy supply to the massively proliferating and energy-consuming anagen hair matrix.

Revita Shampoo Usage

Revita is 100% safe, and should be used on a daily basis. Wet your hair, work the shampoo onto the hair and scalp and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse out. You can continue use it as a daily or regular shampoo to maintain and improve your hair condition even after results are achieved.

Revita Shampoo Conclusion

This shampoo is an excellent choice. Armed with proven ingredients, this shampoo can be a helpful support to your hair loss treatment. You can’t count on any shampoo to be your hair loss saver, but you can trust this shampoo to be another weapon against pattern baldness. This shampoo is a safe treatment you can use daily to improve the overall hair and scalp condition. No other shampoo in the market contains such powerful ingredients that are mixed together and can contribute so much to the health of the scalp. Your scalp condition is an important factor in hair loss (inflamed scalp is a common derivative of pattern baldness, such inflammatory damages the follicles ability to grow hair) and improved healthy scalp condition means facilitating hair regrowth.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I think Revita is a good shampoo but I could not use it daily. It made my hair kind of soft and oily. I think Nizoral alone made it better, using Revita once in a while didn't hurt. I would change them up between Nioxin, another shampoo. It does smell good. But remember one thing, try not to use the same shampoo daily, like mix and match, if your hair gets use to the shampoo then it doesn't work as well. So, it's always good to alternate between different shampoos. I just had my transplant with Dr. Rahal, but when I am able to shampoo after a month. I think i'll pick a bottle of this up again and other shampoos and alternate between them. I wouldn't use it daily though.

Edited by Sean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...