Home remedies/tricks to keep hair in good condition?

lewisd123

Hey guys!

I'm 17 and fairly new to the forum. I have a receding hairline and it's thinning a little on top too, however it's not that noticeable yet.

I use Regaine/Rogaine at the minute. However, I turn 18 in a couple of weeks and I've been recommended something called Propecia I think it's called? I'm not sure what it is...I need to look into it more I guess.

However, I'm wondering how I can protect my hair further at home. Is there anything I should avoid doing while washing or anything?

Also, I'm an electronic music producer and this summer I've spent most of my days with massive headphones on mixing down and mastering for myself, artists and record labels and I feel as though that could be the cause of my hair slightly thinning on the top of my head...although it might just be me being paranoid.

I'm basically wondering if there's anything I can do outside of the medication and products to help my hair! Thanks for any replies that I get :)

Lewis

I think you can add this to the list and it may help:

Eating Healthy, watching your diet, there are a lot of bad foods out there

Get Plenty of Sleep, try to get 8 hours

Stress Reduction Exercises (meditation etc)

Stay Hydrated With Lots Of Water and avoid carbonated beverages etc.

Everything you do becomes a commitment. You can't just do it one day and then forget it the next. You have to make it part of your daily routine one way or another. Hair doesn't grow back in a day or two, if you see any changes, it might take few months really. It's one of those things you have to work to get and be committed to.

There are shampoos you can get, maybe vitamins and minerals to help a small percentage, but the proven remedies are Rogaine and Propecia, If you ever take that route with the proven remedies, then I'd first to talk to a doctor since you are very young. Don't ever try them at your age unless you speak with a doctor. Only the doctor can recommend what is right for you when it comes to medications such as propecia/finisteride or rogaine.

Good Luck.

Edited by Sean