hi guys.

recently a doctor prescribed me a lotion and my concern is whether is any of the components dangerous for my transplanted hair (it's been 5 and a half months after my second transplant). here are the components:

-minoxidil

-tretinoin

-elocon

-sostein

-progasteron

-propylen

-glucol

-alcoolat de lavant

i suppose you dont know all of them but if you know any of these is dangerous please let me know.

hi guys.

recently a doctor prescribed me a lotion and my concern is whether is any of the components dangerous for my transplanted hair (it's been 5 and a half months after my second transplant). here are the components:

-minoxidil

-tretinoin

-elocon

-sostein

-progasteron

-propylen

-glucol

-alcoolat de lavant

i suppose you dont know all of them but if you know any of these is dangerous please let me know.

sea of possibilities,

What was the topical lotion prescribed for?

Though I'm not familiar with all of the ingredients, if it's a topical that contains minoxidil and propylene glycol, I can't imagine a side effect is hair loss. And unless there is something in it to damage natural hair, your hair transplant at 5.5 months is completely safe.

Best wishes,

Bill

hey man,

it's prescribed for retrieving natural hair and I intend to use it in the area which i had the transplant in.

I thought of using it after month 6 for fear of transplanted grafts interfering with natural hair but I suppose the transplanted hair are on their way..

cheers guys

Tretinoin is a vitamin A dererative good for acne and hairloss but it too higher doses can cause hairloss and skin problems such as dryness redness and other problems but taken the correct way will be fine if that ingrediant comes second in the list on the tube then that is the 2nd highest ingrediant used the last on the list will be the least used, such as preservatives etc, also is this list of ingridiants in french, becuase alcoolat de lavant means alcohol

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

savemylife1, it doesn't have a name, it's a prescription my dermatologist wrote me. I don't know really, I suppose the intention is quicker (?) and more permanent results.

I suggest you be careful with that transplant, my life was kinda ruined last year when I had my first transplant cuz my doctor promised he would put transplanted grafts among the original ones and most of the original ones were wounded and eventually destroyed by the procedure.

isotretinoin is for acne, as far as i know. tretinoin is another thing. it's supposed to increase blood circulation. it can cause these problems indeed and it has to come second to the list, in mine it is.

I don't think it is in french besides that alcoolat thing and I personally doubt it's just alcohol.

be well

I see, maybe I will ask my doctor about it if I decide to get one.

What about Neosporin? About 10-15 days after the surgery. It is meant to speed up recovery, it seems logical to me that it would help with redness as well?