Pre-requisites for HT

Hello all,

I am planning to get my HT done. Would be visiting coliation doc soon.Are there any pre-requisites for HT like been on propecia/proscar and rogaine for few months. I am using rogaine for last 1 year, though there is no hair growth, the hairloss is in control. i never had propecia/proscar. any feedback is appreciated.

thank you.

I think it'll depend on the doctor you consult with and how old you are and what type of hairloss you are experiencing. If you're very young - docs may want the young patients to give Propecia a try for x number of months/years. But it's best to check with the doctor since doctor's opinions vary in their approach to treating hair loss.

i never had propecia/proscar. any feedback is appreciated.

why not? if you are not in one of those unlucky 2% category, you got nothing to lose but only to gain. so give it a try as it might be your next best thing. if you notice side effects you can always quit the drug. it will go hand in hand with your future HT. forget propecia go with proscar (cut in 4) unless money is not an issue for you.

Janna & GQ are right. Get on finasteride. Look out for ill side effects, and discontinue use if disaggreable.

Different docs have different pre-op pre-requistes.

Mine looks like this:

1) Do not take medications that contain Acetylsalicylic Acid, like aspirin, before the procedure

2) Do not take for at least 1 week before the procedure anti-inflammatory medications or steroids (Voltaren, Cataflan, Ibuprofen, Walcofen, ect??¦) and do not take any ???Nature products??? (Gingobiloba, Ginseng)

3) Do not drink alcohol at least 5 days before the procedure

4) (MEN) Do not use Minoxidil (Rogaine) one week before the procedure

5) (WOMEN) Use Minoxidil (Rogaine) one week before the procedure

6) Do not take Vitamin E or other vitamins for 3 weeks before the surgery

7) Suspend GYM activities for at least 5 days before the procedure

8) DO NOT SMOKE for at least 5 days before the procedure

take care...

That's a great list mmhce.

It looks very similar to ours at SMG.