Does HT is getting better and better??

Do you think that HT is getting better and better per every year?? I mean... 4 years ago they could not do such big density as theydo right now. You think maybe they will be able do defuse thinning without Shock loss in future??

From what I have read, there doesn't seem to be any huge advances coming anytime soon. Cloning and some other things have been discussed, but any major improvement seems like a while away.

Just my understanding....I could be totally wrong.

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

The advancement's being made in follicular unit transplantation now are micro-advancements. Like Levrais suggested; ACell is thought of as a great healing aid and perhaps yield aid. The big advancement will be when hair cloning becomes available. And there is some hope in Aderans research in this arena. Who knows how effective it will be or when it will be made available.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 3 months later...

It's not impossible to pack at those densities, but the risks of lower yield are much higher and, of course, you'd have to have either minimal loss or a huge amount of donor available - most men are not fortunate enough to pack at anywhere close to those densities you've quoted I'm sorry to say.

Techniques have really improved the last 10 years and doctors are still finding ways to provide greater yield or extract more donor - but as a few on here have said, the improvements are getting smaller. You will always have a limited amount of donor and even though sessions have been getting larger, they're unlikely to get much larger in the future simply because of the donor and surgical limitations.

As for the whole diffuse thinning without shockloss, finasteride usually limits shockloss once your hairloss has stabilised. I don't see anything new techniques on the horizon that will completely stop shockloss though - thinning hairs are weak and the trauma of transplant is often just too much. If finasteride doesn't hold on to them, the only option is further transplants to replace the loss (if you have the available donor).

Why do you feel you need 80/90g/cm2, if you don't mind me asking? Of course we'd all love that sort of density, but even 50g/cm2 will look very good if you have the right hair and the procedure is performed by a good doctor - in fact lower densities are common and still look great.

HTs are and will probably continue to improve, but we are sort of at the upper limits of what a traditional HT can allow. There isn't going to be any massive progression now without the next phase of science; hair cloning or stem cell therapies etc. But most men, even a lot of NW6s, are these days able to get truly impressive transformations with a combination of drugs and/or multiple procedures.

Hi mahhong. Thank you for information. It is great to hear that doctors are able to put something like that from 50 to 80\90 or even more.

I am "lucky" one I believe. I really don't think i will be bald. No one in me family is bald. grandfather at age 82 is NW2, me DAD(he has wose) at age 51 is NW2 and thinning on top. So, i don't think so that problem in my case will be about donor limitation. If doctors were able to do surgry like I ask he would get teeneage density, not even using all donor hair. Why i want so big density? It is just me. When I noticed that i am losing my hair(even if it is not terrible, not even bad) it affectec on myself I can't discribe how hard. It is not about girls it is not about opinion of other people it is about me and only about me. It may not be diffrence in look but if i know that me denisty is 50 not for example 90(as it was on the begining) it affectec on me very very hard and I can't get up. So that's why I am asking.

I hope that histongen or Replicel are going to work.