Are there any blood pressure or cholesterol meds that work against finasteride?

Spanker

Thinking I am going to need to get on some BP meds. Wondering if it is known if these types of meds work agaisnt fin?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thinking I am going to need to get on some BP meds. Wondering if it is known if these types of meds work agaisnt fin?

I kniw some BP drugs do cause hair loss, google the drug side efffects before you fill the prescription and don't expect you dr to know or even care if it causes hair loss.

On a side note I STRONGLY reccomend getting a 24 hour BP monitor before going on drugs, I did and it turned out I had white coat hypertension

I think the best thing you can do is change your diet. Yes, you can completely change your blood pressure and cholesterol with diet alone. Then, you won't have to worry about it interfering with the Propecia.

You're far too young to be on blood pressure medication. Change your diet, stay on the Propecia. Keep your arteries and heart healthy...and keep your hair!

That may not be what you want to hear, but having worked with a cardiologist in the past and having seen real case studies, I can assure you that it's the absolute, 100% truth.

There aren't any meds that really interact with Finasteride. Diltiazem and Terazosin are the only BP meds I found that interact with Finasteride, and all they do is raise the level of Fin in the bloodstream, which could actually be beneficial unless it increases side effects. On the other hand a lot of BP meds list hair loss as a less common or rare side effect.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D