SCAR treatment? - donor strip area

Hey all,

I tried searching the threads and couldn't find anything directly addressing this. I have been doing research on how to minimize scarring from the donor area incision. It seems like a lot say neosporin for first week and then just petroleum jelly and that they key is to try to keep it moist.

Has anyone done this? Experiences? Other suggestions? Feedback?

I put an email in to my doctor just now and will see what he says but wanted to throw it out to you all as well.

Thanks much.

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

You shouldn't use neosporin in the first week as it has a very high rate of allergic reactions and can cause inflammation and a poorly healed scar. Use bactroban a prescription bacitracin, which should be given to you by your doctor prior to the procedure and used twice daily until your stitches are removed.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

thank-you Thehairupthere,

what about after staple removal? i've been reading that still keeping the wound moist helps heal and helps reduce appearance, for instance, using vaseline.

My Hair Loss Web Site

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

You can but it's not necessary it should heal fine anyway. You can use vitamin E oil on the scar once the sutures or staples are removed.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thehairupthere gave you some solid advice.

If you can afford it, I'd buy the graphcyte kit for your recovery. Worked great on me. Has a tube of an antibacteria/polypeptide gel for your scar to promote healing. Seemed to work well for me.

Good luck!

Dr Arocha

3626 FU's

H1: 508

H2: 1741

H3: 1377

My Hairloss Website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2127

Thanks newhairplease and and a hairdown,

As far as mederman, i've read a lot of reports that say it just doesn't work any better than petroleum jelly. And I actually used the graphcyte spray for the first week, doc gave it to me....well included in the price, and i think it helped a lot. I can't afford the whole kit, especially since i already in essence paid for the spray. But thanks for the ideas.

Keep em comin. :)

My Hair Loss Web Site