New and ready to admit I need to go the HT route.... Dr. Diep?

There are people on here who have had bad experiences with Dr. Depp. You live in a state where there are plenty of good HT surgeons. You've got Dr. Reed, Dr. Kabaker, Dr. Meshkin, Dr. Carman, Dr. Siporin, and Dr. Rassman.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thanks. The challenge is I have seen a lot of his procedures on youtube. There is one thing he is good at and it is mass advertising on the internet specifically his FUE.

What kind of complaints have you heard from Dr. Diep. To be frank, I have tried real hard to find negatives and post but nothing really.

You have a nicely shaped head and are very high on the norwood scale. You will probably never have a full head of hair. My advice, keep shaving....its stylish.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

You have a nicely shaped head and are very high on the norwood scale. You will probably never have a full head of hair. My advice, keep shaving....its stylish.

I agree. Considering that you shave your head to minimize the look of your hair thinning, I don't think you will be happy with what you can get with a HT. I would only consider it if you have dense donor hair.

You look pretty thin throughout the whole top. If you want, get FUE to rebuild your hairline and frame your face, that way you can still shave down but improve the look.

Once you get the scar, you'll be fighting HT after HT since you'll be forced to a longer hairstyle (potentially combover), cause you're still young and your HL will likely progress. Since you look decent with an army-like shaved head (and your friends/family are used to it), just repair the hairline shadow.

Edited by cool2dunk

Would 2000 FUE to cover some of my crown, added to some of my receding temple, and fill the rest of the head?

Again, just to note I shaved my sides (every other 2-days) and my top once every two weeks (just did it a day before those pictures). Letting it go anymore starts really showing.

Any doctors you recommend then for FUE?

don't think 2000 would do.

coworker of mine had similar loss to you and got like 1800 fue for just the front and temples (though hairline was pretty agressive), then shaved. Its a really cool look though.

By doing the whole head would require minimum double right now, plus more HT in the future as native hairs in the crown miniturize.

I dunno, send pics to some docs and they can give you a much better estimate.

Edited by cool2dunk

Medications?

Currently looks pretty cool, but I know, it gets tiring and you're probably sick of getting your butt kicked by Justin Bieber types so naturally you want hair.

For a short term fix a big strip job might do the trick, but for long term,

If all stays the same or/and gradually deteriorates;

I recommend a Buzz-type FUE for hairline and temple definition

Small punches

medication

This need not require many grafts although estimations between clinics may dramatically vary. In the course of research you may contact clinics that do both strip and FUE and they will tell you to do strip. Ignore and move on.

Dr. Deip?

I saw a strip job on Youtube once, and I respect him for putting it up, but the knife went across the back of the guys head faster than the fillet guy's at the fish market

But everything else he says re. FUE seems to make sense.

(It's actually a very important reminder that no line cut across the head will leave hair unharmed, but ..)

Edited by scar5