Concerns about Propecia

sjones23

After taliking to quite a few people on here ive been told that it would be a good idea to start using Propecia, but im a bit worried about the side effects,

my only major concern is the risk of cancer through taking the medication

please help :(

thanks

sjones, As Aaron pointed out, it is not known to increase your risk of cancer. Rather, recent studies found that a few men who did develop prostate cancer while on propecia had higher grades of cancer. Sorry for the erroneous information.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Correct.....the study that just came out found a low risk of developing a more aggressive form of prostate cancer (there was one doctor with one of the major cancer organizations that disagreed with the result of this study). The study did not include dosage as low as Propecia even though the warnings were added to Propecia. The study was based on men taking 5mg of Proscar daily. I don't mean to diminish the warning or concerns......just putting it in perspective. I considered the study and decided to keep taking it.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

After taliking to quite a few people on here ive been told that it would be a good idea to start using Propecia, but im a bit worried about the side effects,

my only major concern is the risk of cancer through taking the medication

please help

You can get all the feedback you desire here, and research the pages upon pages of posts on this great little forum, but if you're 'a bit' worried about side effects and you have ' a major concern' in getting cancer, then, don't bother with Propecia, it's that simple.

Good luck sjones23.

57mph

im worried about taking Propecia too because of the sexual side effects, this is the first time i hear about the cancer issue.

but as some other people said, if you worried and have concerns then don't go into that path.

try minoxidil if you want i think it has way less side effects.