DrFeller (2007)Dr Devroye(2009)

Female HT

Thanks for clarifying that for me Bill. I wasn't sure about what information can or cannot be shared.

Like I said I am not trying to attack anyone. I did not personally feel that Female HT cast Dr. Fellers clinic in a negative light, she just gave her opinion. But I do feel that Spex was a little too harsh in "defending his clinic". It's just that I do not see any other clinic defending themselves quite as much or as often as Dr. Feller's does. I might be wrong I am relatively new to this site.

I still feel that hair transplants are more of a taboo for a women because less women have the procedure in the first place. And reason that it has to be more undetectable is because women tend to wear their hair tied back up in a ponytail. A woman with a transplanted hairline would need more density in order to do this.

This is not my thread so I do not want to make too long of a post but I have to disagree with Maxxy when she stated:

"Many men have small procedures, too. To suggest any clinic, at least any clinic on this site, would treat a man or woman differently because they are spending less money is absolutely ridiculous; Doctors have a duty to their patients."

Really??? They would treat a patient who is forking over $30,000 the same as they would treat a patient who is only spending $4,000? I know men and a couple of women who have had hair transplants of different sizes from different clinics and that is usually not the case. Sorry but I have to strongly disagree with that comment because even though the difference may not be big and you are suppose to be treating all patients the same, to say that there is no difference is ridiculous.

Really??? They would treat a patient who is forking over $30,000 the same as they would treat a patient who is only spending $4,000? I know men and a couple of women who have had hair transplants of different sizes from different clinics and that is usually not the case.

The only way to compare the two would be if two of these people you know had a transplant at the same clinic, one spending many thousands, and the other spending just a couple of thousand.

If this is the case, could you please share some of the details with us, such as:

1. Which clinic did the people you know visit, how much each patient spent and what differences in treatment they reported.

2. As you claim that you know men and a couple of women who have had transplants of different sizes from different clinics and it is not usually the case, Could you provide us with a couple of examples?

No I will not share any of that private information. I have nothing to prove. I have my opinions based on what I have seen and heard from friends and relatives and that is what I shared. If you have a different opinion that's great, I could care less.

I believe Jacky is indubitably correct in saying it is more taboo for a women to have a hair transplant than a man. For starters females are judged far more on their appearance then males. Balding amongst males is rather common and often regarded as a sign of masculinity, but is not for females causing them to be regarded commonly as some kind of genetic freak.

Just check out the female hair loss blogs to see how incomparably traumatic it is for them. It is terrible but I have read many accounts how husband and boyfriends have abandoned them as their hair loss revealed itself.

It is great to see more chicks on here telling their story. And personally I think the comparing and contrasting of procedures with different surgeons is a good thing and hope to see more of it. Cheers

This thread has devolved into members making some sweeping generalizations: clinics giving preferential treatment to larger sessions, women being judged on appearance more so than men, men not being as bothered by balding as women, etc. I think it's fine to share personal experiences and opinion as Female HT did, but the rest, without any real factual data, is just conjecture and comes off as misinformation that I don't think is really helpful.

I do agree with Julius that it is useful and informative to hear from posters who have experienced more than one HT clinic and can provide detailed accounts of each.

Female HT, Any chance you could provide pictures from your procedures? Thanks!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hey Jacky,

There is a difference in giving your opinions and making claims. I wasn't asking for any private information, but yes, that's your choice.

Julius,

Yes, of course it's less common for women to start losing their hair, however, I really don't know how you can say it is "incomparably traumatic". I believe hair loss can be just as traumatic to males as it is to females, there're countless accounts of men being left by girlfriends/boyfriends/friends/wives, people being fired, along with heart wrenching stories of suicide and many others. There are two recent threads on this forum from 2 young guys, both of which have contemplated suicide. One has even started taking hormones which could in essence turn him into a female (or at least more feminine). He knows this and would rather that than go bald. I think it is fundamentally wrong to compare the stress, anguish and trauma caused by hair loss between men and women. I'm glad you haven't suffered to this extent as I'm sure you would not have written your last post but I can assure you that hair loss can be just as devasting to some men.

Is it more taboo (unnacceptable or improper) for women to have a transplant? Well, that's a matter of opinion. Personally I don't believe so, I believe men would be judged more for having a transplant. I'm not saying women wouldn't be judged more or are more in the lime light for going bald as it's not seen as often but that wasn't the statement we are discussing.

Anyway, this could go on and on. I have gave my opinions so will leave it at that.

Hey Maxxy I definitely agree hair loss is traumatic for both sexes. However the only reason I can think of a man might be judged more is because they are not supposed to care about their appearance as much, tacitly validating that females are judged more on appearance. A woman walking down the street with a bald head is going to get far more looks than any man. Cheers

Hair loss impacts us all differently. I recall how lost and depressed I felt when I first started losing my hair. I was so embarrassed that I wouldn't leave the house without a hat.

And while I don't want to dismiss the hardships many of us (including me) face(d) losing our hair, I think it's important in the midst of seeking hair restoration, that we remember that our true value comes from within. To touch and to be touched by others, we have to get beneath the surface of the skin and express our true selves without reservation.

Patrick Hennessey, publisher of the Hair Transplant Network recently shared that it's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters. To read more on this topic and offer your opinion and experiences, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi everyone. Just wanted to add my .002. I had a HT done by Dr. Feller 13 months ago and I couldn't be happier. He and his staff were absolutely professional, caring, and did everything they could to explain what they were doing every step of the way. I was not looking for a "spa" atmosphere: I was going in for a surgical procedure. And my results are excellent. Yes, it took a while for the shaved area to grow in, but I got creative with "combovers", hairspray and toppik. I would never hesitate to recommend Dr. Feller and his team 110 %. And BTW, he did my father, too, who looks 20 yrs younger than before. Jan

• 1 year later...