Advice requested.

Kabir

Hi,

I have been a regular reader of this forum for last 6 months but this is my first post and I must say I have learned so much in past 6 months and would like to thank to moderators and contributors for everything.

I am considering a hair transplant soon and came across this doctor he lives 3 hours drive from me.

Dr Prabdeep Sohi - Reviva Clinic

Chandigarh, INDIA

It would be greatly appreciated ,if members can give their comments on the surgeons results.(The link is at the bottom)

Thank for your time.

(Link removed by moderator - see Terms of Service)

Edited by TakingThePlunge

Kabir,

Welcome! I'm happy to hear the this community has been educational for you.

I've not heard of Dr. Sohi or Reviva. However, for hair transplantation in India, we recommend Dr. Pathuri Madhu of Hyderabad. For a complete listing of our prescreened hair restoration physicians worldwide consult our interactive map. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...
Guest mariewoltz25411697

Dr. Shoi's credentials look Ok to me. His results look good too. He seems to be specialized in FUE only. Personally meet some of his patients before deciding on him. Because this forum recommends Dr. Madhu doesn't mean that everyone in India should get a transplant from him.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gabriel...I am looking to go to the same surgeon in November...I can't really find out much about him apart from promotional stuff and not a lot else...I notice he is a plastic surgeon and also his surgery offers fertility treatment...which doesnt suggest that he is exclusively FUE only !...Could you kindly email me once you have had your treatment to let me know how it went and t\your thoughts...thanks

Do a lot of research before making your final decision. You can't rely on promotional materials. You want to go to the best surgeon you can find that you are comfortable with. There are several elite surgeons to choose from. Unfortunately there are a lot of bad ones too which is why research is important. I don't know anything about the surgeons in India, so this is just meant to be general advice for you.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Hi Karlouk,

I have changed the date to the 27th and 28th of September due to a delay of my visa. I'll be sure to contact you with information about the experience with Dr. Sohi. I do not really know how to get someone's e-mail here, but eitherway, I will be posting my progress here. Good luck.

Remember tho, that asking one website to recommend all the best hair restoration doctors on the planet, is like asking one website to recommend all the worlds best Dentists on earth, before you have dental reconstruction done. Impossible task. Then telling you that you are an idiot for going to someone that they haven't recommended.

You would do better to contact the doctor you are interested in directly, and ask to speak to some of his former patients to get their first hand assessment of the work that was done, and if they are satisfied. It might even be worthwhile, if you are close, to travel to the clinic and tour it for yourself to see if you are satisfied with the level of cleanliness and professionalism.

Vanman, I agree with part of what you are saying......research should include more than just this site but this is a good place to get a lot of information and find some great skilled doctors who consistently produce outstanding results. However, I do think research beyond what the clinic tells you is important. There are some real hack jobs out there that put on a great sales job, have nice offices and show good pictures. Just look around at the people who have experienced that. There are some great doctors identified on this site and not on this site, but there are thousands of HT doctors who consistently produce below average to poor to terrible results consistently. That is what most people on this site are trying to get across.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Hi all again,

I made exhaustive enquiries about this doctor and couldnt find anything about him on any Indian medical registers either confirming he was a doctor or part of any hair restoration societies....it also didnt help my confidence, that when I contacted the doctors surgery direct, using the number advertised on his website, it was answered as a plain hello, instead of quoting thesurgery name...it was as if I was phoning someones personal landline...I queried to the recipient why they didnt answer with the surgery name and they said it was the Doctors personal line...I reminded them it was the number advertised on their website

Anyway, I finally contacted the British Embassy in New Delhi about info for this surgery and doctor. They had not heard of him but gave me the mobile number of a leading doctor in Chandigarh to call who may have heard of Dr Sohi. A Dr Sachdev answered the line and after a brief chat passed me over to his wife who is a leading Dermatologist consulatant in Chandigarh. She confirmed she knew of Dr Sophi and had treated 4 of his patients as follow up 6 months after op...She confirmed he was a registered doctor and that there had been no problems to date with his op. She did however recommend another surgeon in Chandigarh who was after research by myself, very highly qualified and a member of several governing bodies in both India and worldwide. She said to look at his clinic as he had vast experience. The doctor was Tejinder Bhatti and runs the surgery Darling Buds in Chandigarh. he is VERY REASONABLY priced and at 1.5 dollars per follicle for FUE is a snip. His surgery looks immaculate and hi tech and the staff to date have been excellent. I eventually booked with this Doctor and am having surgery in November.

I am not advocating Dr Sohi is not proficient at his job but as Im sure you all can understand, when travelling some distance from the UK and spending in the region of 4,000 pounds plus flights you want to have some of your fears allayed about the surgeon doing the treatment. It was unnerving not to be able to find out any info about him, other than promotional which by nature is flawed, unnerving that he medical dept at the UK Embassy in new Delhi couldnt confirm who he was or even that he was a registered doctor, unnerving that there were minimal pictures on his website showing the surgery and its equipment and unnerving that his official telephone number quoted was answered in a non business fashion giving me the impression that the surgery didnt exist, which I now know does. I chose to go in the end with Dr Bhatti after recommendation and hope that the good first impression I have got transponds into excellent surgery and I will keep you all posted

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone intersted in Dr. Sohi. I went to the Clinic in India, and I found him and the staff to be very knowledgeable at what they do. They are patient and very atentive, and also very busy, so if someone decides with him, better call well ahead for an appointment. My surgery took two days. On the first they took care of the front part where I had the most severe hair loss. They packed the hair very densely. On the second day they did the back, not as dense as the front, for a total of 5000 FUE grafts. It is a pain to get from Florida to India, but choosing him as a doctor, was as important decision as getting the hair transplant. I am so happy with the results so far.

0327111049.jpg.60a159c6179f6fc057b06e82449cc84a.jpg

1006111052.jpg.e3da55a09f8c4f2108556d17212fa158.jpg

Dear, the results and the improvement looks good so far. I am also planning to undergo hair transplant from dr. prabdeep sohi. So it would be of great help to me if you post some of your latest pics. Till now the hair line looks good and the grafts seems to be implanted at a higher density. Best luck for the results

Edited by kanav
forget to write complete

Hi Kanav, sorry I took to long to answer. Here am posting a couple more pictures of my results with Dr. Prabdeep Sohi. I would encourage you to go because of the experience that he has with the FUE procedure. My hair implants are all angled the way that hair grows and looks natural. Another thing is that the hairs are so close together, that now that it has grown a little, my scalp looks full and dark.

After you got a transplant your confidence goes up, like in my case, even do I wear a hat everywhere I go still because am still healing. If you have to travel overseas to get to India, let me know. I have some helpful tips that willl make your travel a little easier. I found some stuff the hard way. Good luck.

1006111052a.jpg.ae5f471d77a841f3230a8fb6debdb225.jpg

0928112214.jpg.dcd255738513ea1f3801fc30705c98f4.jpg

hello again Kanav. I have received your request for info about the Dr. Prabdeep Sohi. Ok this is what I know. When I decided on srgery with him, I searched for fue on google and he was one of the websites that he came up on. I saw the posted pictures of patients treated, I saw that the backgrounds on the picture were from his clinic, so I concluded that it was obvioulsy his procedures. Another thing that made me decide on him was the famous Punjabi actors and singers that he had treated. I double checked that it was true by looking at his facebook page where he had pictures posing with them on his clinic. A third thing was all the periodical articles written about him and his succes with his clinic( I saw about six articles dedicated to him). There were a bunch. When I finally met him, I noticed that his clinic was clean and modern. He also had a huge amount of staff working for him, including five nurses, a receptionist, a security doorguy and even a personal driver. By the looks of it, I concluded succes in his line of work, and I was right. It looked like a very busy clinic with patients coming back for check ups and everyday I was there he had people he was operating on. Dr. Sohi is a very humble man, wich made me feel very comfortable. He was also not a talker....he went stratight to business after seeing me not trying to sell himself. The procedure was fast and I found out why later reading another article about him. He patented a Fue device that I did not get to see in the clinic but felt it on my scalp. It felt like a dentists drill that he pushes in your head to remove grafts. It was so fast I like a staple gun. I also felt that the staff was very well trained. They all knew exactly what to do and when, making things even faster. My grafts have already grown considerably in this 2 and a half weeks, so I would definately recomend him. Be prepared for swelling on your head do. I didnt know about it and ended up looking like the elephant man while traveling in the airport. That is probably the only negative thing I can say about the procedure. I was not prepared for the amount of swealling I went trhough, and I was not told. Other thatn that, do it man. Am so happy with my decision. Oh and the nurses where hot, specially the one that worked on me. Thats always a plus.

Edited by gabrieljose43

hi dear, nice to learn that you are feeling delighted after hair transplant. As far as growth of grafts are concerned, they start to grow after 2-4 months. Till then we cant say about the success. But the grafts which are implanted seems to be implanted very cleanly and at a high density. Wish you best luck for the coming result and i know they will come good and plz stay in touch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hello, I'm also hoping to have a hair transplant with Dr Sohi or Dr Bhatti. I'm blonde and most of the pictures from these doctors are Asian men. Could anyone who has had transplants from either of these doctors please send me an email or help me out with some photo's?

I will be looking to have a FUE hair transplant, probably around 1500 grafts. I'm concerned Dr Sohi's punch is to fast and maybe wasteful of doner area, any thoughts? How do they place the grafts? Lateral slit technique ?

I have not been able to contact individual members for some reason. So I'm hoping to get some help this way.

Gabriel how are things progressing for you? Has your doner area filled in?

Thanks for you help guys!