You taking the pic...

67mph

Hi all,

I know a lot of you go ahead and take multiple pics of the top of your heads, back of your heads side of your heads, but, what if like me you're very anxious (and scared to say the least) about seeing just how bald you might be but taking these pictures and having to view them to post on line?

To get an online consultation these pictures are essential but i can hardly face seeing a picture of me enjoying myself on holiday let alone my MPB hang-ups in all it's glory, in the viewer on a digital camera!

Is it really a case of shutting up and putting up and getting on with the job in hand in order to get further along the hair restoration path, and having to bite the bullet and take the damn pictures?

...oh man.

regards,

57mph

Is it really a case of shutting up and putting up and getting on with the job in hand in order to get further along the hair restoration path, and having to bite the bullet and take the damn pictures?

I think this is it. Unless... you get someone else to take the photos and attach them to the email you're sending for consultations. That's the only way around it really and I'm not sure if anyone has ever done it.

If you're planning on getting a transplant then bite the bullet, take the photos and think of how in the future they'll represent the old you.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

First of all, if you really want to take on MPB you need to except the reality of where your hair loss currently is. Sure taking pictures will reveal the ugly truth of your baldness - but it is the only way to really know where you have come from after you've done a HT or multiple HT's.

Once you get a HT you should take pictures (monthly or bi-monthly) to monitor the progress. Hair loss is gradual and on the flip side hair growth after a transplant is also gradual. It is very easy to not notice the difference because the process is so dang slow... that is why taking pics is essential in your battle against hair loss.

Edited by aaron1234

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

57mph

Maybe the pictures will reveal that your loss is not as progressive as you think it is. By posting the pictures here, you will get excellent feedback. If you just want to do a consult with pictures well then obviously you will get professional feedback. Good luck with your decision

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

thanks again chaps, the dirty deed has been done, downloaded and uploaded.

a lesson i have learnt is that denial can be a wonderful thing, haa!

regards,

57mph

oh, and yes, it was as bad as i thought i do have a classic case of diffuse thinning, oh blimey.

appreciate the feedback NewHairPlease, just seen that you'll be going for a megasession in Jan 2012, big build up now i bet and the very best of luck, well not luck you shouldn't need that, but you know what i mean, i bet it works out for you.

regards,

57, What you're feeling is totally normal. I used to get pissed off when friends would point out my thinning crown and I would deny I was losing it. I never thought I would be the one going through hairloss as I always had such a thick, healthy head of hair.

I can tell you that I would be miserable if I didn't do something about it though. And some of the those friends who were so keen to point out my balding are now starting to lose their hair.

Just start the process....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Having recently had surgery, the anxiety and nervousness of doing something about your hair loss is much worse than actually doing it. I was so happy I had my surgery finally. Just do your homework and go with a surgeon that has a great reputation and makes you feel comfortable. That is what I did and once my decision was made I was able to relax and get started. You have come to the right place here. Good luck!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1