I did it!!!

KM77

Hi everyone,

Well yesterday was the big day. I had my HT and God was it a long day!! The total was around 2755 graphs. A little more then we had planned, but that's o.k. :)

I arrived around 8am (I got there a little late due to traffic) and they started immediately. I never felt any pain/discomfort with the injections and the removal of the donor strip. My head does feel a little weird where the staples are, but hopefully that goes away soon?? It also feels a little numb near my temples...not bad but just enough that I know it's there.

The staff was very nice and professional, offering me refreshments all day and making sure I was comfortable. (As comfortable as you can be in a dentist type chair lol) They also bought myself and my mom lunch and let us eat together in an office.

When I got home, I ended up taking some Tylenol for some very mild discomfort and a backache from laying in the chair all day. It helped and I slept fine. No pain today, just still feels kinda weird where the staples are.

I will say that I can't wait to wash my hair in a little bit!!! lol I hope where the recipient area is starts to look more normal in the next day or 2. (Just a little dried blood and just a tad bit of the blue dye they use.)

I am looking forward to the end of the week when the post op care is pretty much done and next week when I get the staples removed!!

Thank you everyone for answering questions and talking with me about this. It helped so much to calm my nerves and re-confirm my decision to do this procedure.

P.S I am unable to post pics right now due to the fact my laptop is being fixed for some hardware issues. I will post pics as soon as I get my laptop back.

Thank you,

Kathleen

Edited by KM77

Congrats Kathleen. Looking forward to your pics. Who was your doc?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Can't decide,

Thank you!

Orlhair1,

Thank you as well! They will come out a week from Thursday. I can't wait for everything to get back to normal. Even washing my hair. I was so afraid and paranoid I was going to damage the recipient area! lol

Kathleen,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Haber! I'm so happy to hear the experience was positive. While waiting for growth can be tough, the truly hard part is behind you.

Heal well and please do share your photos when you are able. I look forward to seeing them.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website