where did celebrities get their HT's?

hairgirl08,

It's often impossible to know where a given celebrity had a hair transplant since most won't even admit to it. The ones we do know about or suspect are normally the ones that are so bad that they are obvious.

I've always felt that many of the rich and famous do little research when it comes to hair restoration. They seem to either frequent one of the big chain clinics or go to their regular cosmetic surgeon. But again, that's just my impression.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dumb celebs go to chain clinics but some find top doctors. Hasson and Wong have a celeb only website but when I was there I tried probing techs, office workers and everyone I could find for information on which celebs but not 1 of them was even close to telling me a single celeb name so it's obviously very hush hush!

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Chain clinics are those that operate multiple locations nationwide and advertise heavily on TV.

like which ones?

if they operate multiple locations then they are big?

can they be that bad?

i guess advertising on tv is not good though

if you are a good doctor you don't need to advertise on tv and usually if you do it means you are probably bad

but i dont think having a lot of location is bad thing?

i think the people who did the celebs hair transplants should advertise that

like say "i'm jamie foxx's ht surgeon" or something, to get more customers

i wonder why no surgeon who did the celeb's ht is advertising, hmm

Plunge probably isn't allowed to name with him being a moderator but I can! Bosley springs to mind and transform in the uk. These companies spend too much money on advertising and none on decent Ht surgeons they go under their brand name and not the surgeon which is always bad news.

For me when I think of big chain companies I think of the word factory straight away 1 in 1 out quick so they can pay all their overheads fast. Also it's common sense if a company has a 100 surgeons they will have had to scrape the barrel out to find a 100 surgeons so the quality of surgeon will have to be lowered to get a 100. If that's not enough for you you can also add that the surgeon doesn't have his name over the door so why should he give a crap about your result.

Most people who have a Ht don't want to be detected so they obviously don't want a surgeon bragging about doing their work. The only people who will link their names to doctors are the ones who have been bald on tv for ages like gardiner or Rooney for them the only thing they can do is admit it.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Doctors are simply not allowed to disclose that type of information under HIPAA regulations. Patient privacy is protected so a doctor cannot simply say I worked on so and so because it's unethical and illegal.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

do you need a patient's consent to post before/after pics

Yes, clinics need the patients permission to post their photos online.

i think the surgeon should pay the celeb or something to advertise lol

Oh, I'm sure it's been done.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

How do celebrities hide their hair transplants after they've got it done?

I mean, they're always in the spotlight and paparazzi are everywhere, its hard for them to hide.

For us, we have to deal with scabs, forced shaving of the head, grafts shedding, etc. How do celebrities handle all this knowing a candid camera could be nearby.

cool2dunk,

They don't always do a very good job of it. Actor Jeremy Piven was photographed this past year with a telltale hair transplant scar for which he came up with a couple of lame excuses.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

How do celebrities hide their hair transplants after they've got it done?

I mean, they're always in the spotlight and paparazzi are everywhere, its hard for them to hide.

For us, we have to deal with scabs, forced shaving of the head, grafts shedding, etc. How do celebrities handle all this knowing a candid camera could be nearby.

I honestly think it’s probably easier for them to hide it. They have enough money and enough assistants to not have to leave their house for 6 months unless their stupid like Piven. Most normal folks can’t take a half year off from work but I think most celebrities could figure it out

You can just imagine what the pathetic photographers and news papers will have been saying can't you.

Oh my god Jeremy piven has had a hair transplant what a loser if I lost my hair I'd just shave it off.

At the end of the day all men try hide cosmetic surgery because it's not manly I've done it and am doing it now there's nothing wrong with that it's just human nature to lie and hide. For me the only thing wrong with celeb hts is when people give famous celebs credit for coming out when that was the only thing they could of possibly done after spending years on tv as a bald man.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Absolutely there must be signed consent before any information or pictures are published.

Hairupthere is right on in pointing out the very rigorous HIPPA laws and the duty of a physician to abide by them.

From an ethical point of view it is not proper to discuss one patient with another patient, so I cannot imagine a physician advertising that he has performed surgery on a celebrity without their full hearted consent to do so.

Some people do ask us at US Hair Restoration (being in the Los Angeles area) which celebrities that Dr. Mohebi has performed surgery on? We gently tell them that we do not disclose any information about our patients as we will not discuss your information with anyone other than you.

"Opinions and expressions are solely my own!"