Dutasteride vs. Finasteride

joeyz400

Does anyone have experience using dutasteride. I know the half life is much longer so it would seem to be more effective.

2,542 strip with Dr. Dorin on December 8, 2010.

1286 Singles.

1176 Doubles.

80 Triples.

3878 hairs.

Thats what scared me about dutasteride and nlocking type 1 is that it is founf in your brain. I know the FDA approved therefore theoretically its safe, Im just not smart enough for anything to efect my brain! LOL

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Have you already tried Finasteride? Sometimes people rush to opt for the more powerful drug in the hope that they'll see the best results, but Fin can be very effective and Dutasteride use really should only follow an unsuccessful trial with Fin.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I have been taking fin for about 10 Yeats with a 2 year break when my wife and i were trying to have a baby. The time I stopped I saw a dramatic loss and never recovered when I started again 3 years ago. So I was wondering if the switch would help or at least be worth a try. The half life makes a hhuge difference with frequency keeping balanced levels in circulation.

1286 Singles.

1176 Doubles.

80 Triples.

3878 hairs.

I just got back from my doc and he didn't know about using Avodart for hair loss and wouldn't recommend using it. I guess I will stick to fin. I went off generic and started Proscar split up a month ago. I didn't see any results from the generic. When I started using years ago I used the brand propecia and saw good results.

1286 Singles.

1176 Doubles.

80 Triples.

3878 hairs.

I just got back from my doc and he didn't know about using Avodart for hair loss and wouldn't recommend using it. I guess I will stick to fin. I went off generic and started Proscar split up a month ago. I didn't see any results from the generic. When I started using years ago I used the brand propecia and saw good results.

then get back on the brand stuff. seems simple enough to me.

• 1 year later...

Spex, I heard from someone in the industry that Dutastride does not cause impotence or ED, unlike Finastride. The only bad thing about Dutastride that it lower sperm count and not only the fluid as Finastride does. How true is this? Have you heard about people eliminated their sexual impotence sides by switching to from Finastride to Dutastride???

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hariri, I wouldnt say Fin causes ED - correlation does not equate to causation. I have been on Fin for 10 years or so without any "penile" side effects.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I would never touch that finasteride chit again with a 10 foot pole! that chit shut my sex drive down completely and was limp as a 95 yr old man for almost 2 months after stopping it and many have gone months and others have never recovered. and others developed problems after being on it for so many years. that chit is toxic to ur sex life!

I might give dutasteride a shot once I have a HT sometime this year but I have low hopes for it working without horrible sexual side effects like that crap propecia did to me many years ago. but I highly doubt I will put any of that chit in my body considering HM or stem cell will be available sooner then later.

I dont care about the sperm count cause im snipped.

GNX1- I believe spex was replying to the question as to whether there was any evidence of a difference in sexual side effects by switching from Fin to Dut. Earlier in the thread he posted results of some Vs trials; of course he's heard of Finasteride!