Rogaine foam good or not?

bonkerstonker

I just did a few hours looking back over the last 4 years on all the forums regarding roagine foam and all i found were lots and lots of people upset that foam had shed their hair and ruined their hair but i also noticed they were all upset about the smell, i then went on to find that rogaine made a unscented better version last year so my questions are...

1 Is rogaine good for growing hair without the constant sheads now they've made the new unscented formula?

2 Did anyone have success with the old smelly foam?

3 Have i just been really unlucky and found lots of complaints about the old foam when there was really a lot of success too?

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I used this a couple of months ago. I did shed like crazy which is normal the first few months, but i had to stop due to my heart beating like crazy. This would happen within an hour of applying the foam and would last 5-10 mins. I hated doing it on a night as it was somtimes hard to get to sleep due to the rapid heartbeat and on 2 occasions it got that bad the rapid heart beat woke me up! It would also beat fast randomly during the day. Now that i have stopped rogaine, my heart is back to normal again now. I would have continued to use rogaine if it wasn't for the side. I'm not 100% if the hair i lost while on rogaine grew back, but it does look and feel the same. I do have my hair longish a the moment mind, so will have to see when i next get a haircut lol

This is just my experience, sorry if its not a positive one but you might as well try it if you haven't already. I've read a lot of possitive results from people in forums without sides.

I have used Rogaine for years. When I first used it I had substantial thickening in the crown area. Over time I think the results started to diminish, although I think it helped me retain a lot of hair I otherwise would have lost. When the foam came out I switched to that because it is easier to use and unscented. I never had any issues with the foam.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Very interesting thanks for your thoughts. I'm not convinced with it but will remain using it for now. My first can is half full but doesn't foam out anymore like cheap mouse hair styling cans do lol so i was not impressed by that!

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Good question.

I heard complaints that it sheds the hair a lot initially & no real improvements afterwards. Otherwise I was planning to use it. Certainly not the sort of thing you want, especially during the 'ugly duckling' phase after surgery.

When is it safe to use mino after surgery anyway? A week, two, a month?

I started after 2 weeks and it did not irritaate or anything it was fine.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

To be honest, I don't think there'd be any significant difference from the scented vs. unscented formula.

Rogaine foam does make everyone (or at least MOST of its users) shed like crazy and most of the time end up with minimal to no results.

Some of the research I have done is that Rogaine combined with Fin works better than either alone. I was one of the lucky ones that ad a very noticeable thickening wit Rogaine and no shedding. However it did lose effectiveness over the years. Still use it but started fin in Feb this year.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1