Knocks + bumps to head after ht?

The reason why i ask is i fight for a living in thai boxing and cage fighting so it's highly likely i will be getting some hammer obviously i wont be fighting for at least a year and if i think it's not safe for my grafts survival after a year it's likely i will retire completely and never return to fighting.

Obviously i know a bit about bumps and cuts and what i noticed from experiance is a normal head of hair without a ht can be wacked very hard with a huge bump and no damage will come to the hair follicles but if it cuts your scalp a scar appears without hair growing in it thus killing the follicles.

There's a lot of talk about when a ht graft is safe within your ht slit and some people say 7 days some others say 14 days so obviously it's a grey area that no one knows for sure but i'm not talking about the early stages like that i'm interested in what happens to a graft once it's healed in after 2 months or a year is the graft completely cocooned by the slit and actually becomes part of your scalp just like existing natural hair follicles are or is it in a position where it could be squashed in the slit with a hard blow for the rest of your life?

Has anyone had a ht that has been healed in for a year or so and took a fair blow to the head with a bump appearing but the scalp not cut? obviously a cut will kill the follicles for sure but i'm wondering about bumps squashing the ht follicles :confused:

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hello pal. Interesting subject. I used to do kick boxing a bit just for fun so I don't know if punches & bumps would affect a hair. Not sure if a cut would actually kill a follicle off.

It'd be interesting to hear what the doctors here will have to say about this and give their opinions.

Joe Rogan has had an HT and he trains quiet a bit. Cuts can kill the folliciles of course but shy of that I believe you are ok.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It's got me thinking about the actual science of what happens to a graft in the slit surely it can not completely form into the scalp so it is all 1 solid scalp it must be just sat under the skin in a very small pocket so in theory you could squash the graft and crush it within the walls of its pocket hole it is sat in and damage the graft. I'd be well interested to see what the drs think.

Dutch yes when your cut your head the follicle is killed for defo if it scars which mainly it does I have numerous cuts on my chin and head that have no hair in.

Spanker good call I thought of Joe but he doesn't compete I think he just trains cage and tai kwondo.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk