Best FUT surgeon

son111

Hi everyone,

I'm very confused as of where to go for my HT. I live in Sweden but I'm from middle eastern decent.I don't want to limit myself to Europe. I can travel as long as the surgeon has a good reputation and solid results.

Who would you guys recommend if you don't consider geographical location. Of course the price is an issue but from what I understand all good and serious doctors charge about the same.

Please help me make my decision.

You can find my pictures here:

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients

I believe FUT is the way to go for me since according to the doctors I have consulted, through email, that I need around 2500-3000 grafts.

Regards

Confused guy

I know this is a bit of a glib question but have you checked the list of recommended coalition surgeons? Pretty much anybody on that list is doing world class work and would be worth talking to.

Also, I think a lot of doctors offer free consultations via their websites so it might be good to send your pics over to a few doctors in the first instance and get advice and opinions from maybe 5-10 different doctors. You might find in the e-mails you get a good feeling about one or two of the clinics and build a rapport with them before travelling for a procedure. I know you've already contacted a few doctors but it seriously might be worth contacting a whole range and seeing who sticks out to you as friendly, honest and caring.

Having not had an HT I couldn't make any personal recommendations myself but I've seen great work coming from pretty much any recommended coalition doctor. I always feel a bit biased naming specific doctors from the coalition because they're all great and I wouldn't like to discriminate. There are the obvious names like Hasson and Wong (although they're obvious names for good reason) but I'd encourage you to make personal contact with doctors rather than just get a running list of popular names.

You're right in saying FUT is probably the most sensible option for you, given that you need a relatively large procedure to put your hair back. Most of the doctors charge by the graft and their prices are often on their websites, so you can get a good sense of the cost. Most of the doctors charge relatively similar prices per graft (though of course there are some cheap/expensive exceptions), so you should be able to figure out an acceptable price for your procedure. For 3000 grafts I would expect something in the region of maybe $12 - 15,000 without travel expenses. That sort of money should be able to buy you a procedure with a top doctor in Europe or America. There are cheaper but equally effective solutions in Asia, though, but I'd recommend sticking to a coalition doctor (or someone highly and constantly recommended on these boards). As you rightly say, price is always something of an issue but you should be able to pay the right money for the right procedure and that sort of money is what I'd expect to pay.

Apart from that there's not really much more recommendation I can give, I'm afraid. If you go on other the hairloss blogs you'll find a list of hairloss doctors and can search through a range of their results. I recommend you do that and see which results are looking most impressive to you then contact those doctors.

Also, not sure if you know, but most good doctors will offer some kind of travel discount if you go travel from far away. That can help when planning your procedure and means you should be able to travel anywhere on earth for the right doctor.

Best of luck!

Hello. I agree with the above. Look at the recommended surgeons on here. Look on you tube.

H&W, Rahal & Shapiro are very impressive.

In Europe you have Feriduni & Farjo among others who are decent.

If you want the best, head to the US or Canada.

I've already made my choice.

Good luck

Thank you both very much for your input. I really appreciate it. I was leaning towords Thailand since I might be able to go there for a job and do the procedure while there. I'm also planning a trip to US so I might actually do the procedure there since it seems that, even though there are great doctors in Asia, more doctors have been recommended there.

I have been very confused and scared to hones by the different results that has been posted here, many good of course but also some not so good.

I feel that it gives me a piece of mind having the procedure done by a doctor who has good results and who can do a nice closing of the donor area.

Would you recommend any specific doctors in California?

Thank you all for helping me with my decision.

Dr. Rahal is the best choice in my opinion. I chosed him after two years of research and results observations. Plus he is very kind, caring and friendly. However I agree with DUTCH as well.

I never heard any complains about Dr. Rahal so far and seems he is talented in dense packing and hairlines design.

Best FUT : Dr. Rahal (Canada)

Best FUE: Dr. Bisanga (Belgium)

Good luck buddy.

P.S. If you want best surgeon in US west coast, I would strongly recommend Dr. Scott Alexander. I love his work. He is located in Arizona.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thank you very much Hariri for your input. I really appreciate it. It seems as if Might be going to Asia to work for 2 months. I will try to at least go for a consultation with Dr. Pathomvanich to build myself more knowledge regarding this procedure.

Dr. Path is great choice and is recommended here but also Dr. Pong from chang mai is impressive as well and cheaper. I love his work, my cousin did his HT with him as he is too happy with it. Check it out www.thaihairclinic.com, he has over 170 before and after photos. My Thai friends told me that he is the most popular Doc in Thailand.

Edited by HARIRI

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

You don't mention your age or whether you're making use of treatments like Propecia or Rogaine. Has your hairloss stabilized or do you feel that it is continuing to worsen?

It is clear that you have lost a lot of density over the front half of your head (crown isn't looking too bad though) and I would imagine you want to add density with the procedure. There is a danger of shockloss to existing hair, especially hair that is weaker due to miniaturizing.

What are your actual goals?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Sorry, here is a little bit more information. I'm 35 years of age and I have been using Rogaine for many years. Both my father and brother lost their hair at a very young age so I guess I have lucky but I also think it is because of the Rogaine. Rogaine is difficult to apply to all the places though and it's not very convenient. I have been thinking about stronger medication but I'm scared of potential side effects.

I do want to add more density to the middle section but also to add some hair to my sides.

IMHO, I would say try higher concentration of minoxidil 10% or 15% from mopclab, also take some saw palmetto supplement, its somehow blocks DHT but stay away from Finestride seriously. Enjoy your sex life cause Propecia a libido killer to majority. But Merck makes it look like 1% only. Its BS.

Hair transplant is the only solution for real, so its a good choice you made. Make sure of how good your surgeon is otherwise you will be left with less hair and a scar and a need of a repair. Do your homework very very well.

Honestly speaking I would stay away from Bangkok and do it in the US or Canada. Think twice buddy. Money is not the case. I saved money by having it in Asia now I regret and have to travel all the way to North America to get a decent repair.

My Hair Treatments:

Thanks Hariri for the advice. I myself am leaning towords US. The thing is that it's not much cheaper doing it in Bangkok and that is not my main concern. It's just that I was on my way to Asia to work for a month so I wanted to hit two birds with one stone but I might actually wait a few months and to it in US, maybe with Dr. Shapiro.

Are there any side effects with 10%-15% minoxidil treatment? I have only been using over the counter Rogaine.

Dr. Ron Shapiro is great, he and Dr. Alexander from Arizona are my top US choices. Matt Zupan will give you a great assist, a very kind guy with a lot of knowledge (Matt@shapiromedical.com)

Just for you info, Dr. Ron Shapiro was my 2nd choice after Dr. Rahal. Glad that you will wait to have it in US. I dont want you to do my mistake of putting price above quality.

However SMG arent that expensive, they charge about $4.5 per grafts and $2.5 per graft above 2000 grafts plus ONLY 2% tax. The good thing about them as well is that they arent risk takers and follow a very careful approah to avoid any failure like (donor strip out of the universal zone, also super dense packing and super mega sessions where more risk of bad blood supply to the huge number of grafts).

About Minoxidil, no risk at all. First order the 10% minoxidil, good thing its mixed with a DHT blocker Azelaic acid. You have to use one a day only at night. If you didnt face any problems then upgrade it to 15%. Its really cool no more hassle to apply twice a day. Order from here (www.mopclabs.com). Good luck buddy, salam.

Edited by HARIRI

My Hair Treatments:

Do we take out the search function?

Nobody seems to use it.

It's almost like an appendix.

Sheesh.

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

• 4 weeks later...