How long until I can take a normal shower?

Marky,

You may find the following article from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog informative. However, it's always best to ask your physician for his recommendation.

How Should I Wash My Hair After a Hair Transplant?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Marky,

You may find the following article from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog informative. However, it's always best to ask your physician for his recommendation.

How Should I Wash My Hair After a Hair Transplant?

Good article. Generally, that looks about right, but your doctor knows your specific situation and can give you the best advice.

I've had work done with Dr. Feller, and I was told to wash my hair normally on the fourth day after surgery. I would think you shouldn't have to ask. I would think that your doctor or his technicians should have went over post-op instructions with you, and the topic should have been discussed.

Bill's article is very detailed and thorough.

It would be a good idea to call Dr. Arocha's office and review their specific instructions.

Most clinics have similar instructions but they do vary a little.

Louise

Lead Hair Transplant Technician for Dr. Cam Simmons at the Seager Medical Group

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Just out of curiousity, why would instructions vary? Does the size of incisions or amount of grafts pretty much determine things? Or strip vs. fue?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I've been doing the shampoo via spray bottle, then washing via cup method since the surgery. I spoke with Dr. Arocha's office, they said day 7 was when it'd be okay to shower normally again (although I plan to use my hands to gently move the water onto my scalp).