Wearing a hair piece after HT

(You will probably get a few more replies if you tell us your circumstances)

I think if you are used to wearing a hair piece anyway then wearing one afterwards as you wait for the results makes a lot of sense.

If you hadn't previously worn one (like me) I think the worry about being detected would outweigh the benefit.

I'm sure there are lots of considerations about attachment methods that need some thought and care so as not to damage the grafts. As far as I understand it a 'clip' fit to the existing hair sounds like the lowest risk method (as opposed to glue on the scalp)

hi there, i tried it after surgery but it was a few months after that. Like Chris said, there are not much details u provide so i cannot jump to conclusions but in a nutshell, try to do without it if possible. You nvr know wat harm it could ve caused. The tightening on the clip and the grafts below need to heal and breathe so i prob will not take the risk.In my case, i wore a few days and chunked it :)

hope that helps!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I believe most ht doctors will advise to not wear one after surgery, at least that's what our doctors would tell you. If you HAD to wear one, do so minimally as possible. There are few cases that show less yield due to hair pieces.

I'm not familiar with all of the ways that a hairpiece can be attached, but I am familiar with what a terrible state they can leave the scalp in.

See this repair case here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159871-dr-rahal-3607-grafts-81-2-months-post-op.html

That's an extreme case and not the norm, but I wouldn't want to risk damaging my scalp like that during the growth stage. Even with some form of clips, you're still 'suffocating' your scalp to an extent.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com