How to overcome your fear?

Here are my thoughts as I think of them...

I fear that I might just be that one person that the HT doesn't work for.

I fear that I will be left with low yield.

I fear that I will end up with a scar that I can not cover.

I fear that I will go through a HT and still will be bald.

I fear that I will lose hair in the future.

I fear that if the above happens, I wasted lots of money that i don't have and will become more depressed.

I fear that I will wear a hat the rest of my life....

Will the doctor tell me that everything will be fine.

Will the doctor stand behind his work.

I guess there is no guarantee.

What are the chances.

If it didn't work, I would feel worse than what I feel now.

What kinda risk am I getting myself into.

Do I just have to take a plunge and go all in.

I don't really want to gamble with something so important to me.

I'm considering Dr. Feller, seen pictures of his work and know that he is very knowledgeable in the field, yet I still can't get over these fears.

Mate , even I am in the same boat, but I think I will go on with HT. This is will be my last shot to end all the humiliation I have faced since last 9 yrs.. Jus the hope is enuff for me to take the plunge

It's not going to get better on its own, right? Take a positive step in your life. Mind you, a well researched and well educated step. Do research. Have consults if possible.

If you're out of shape, you can go to the gym. If you're uneducated in a certain aspect of your life, you can read a book. With hair loss, what can you really do? Get a good and experienced doc after your research and leave it in his hands. Attempt to take control of something in your life that is bothering you.

I'm considering Dr. Feller, seen pictures of his work and know that he is very knowledgeable in the field, yet I still can't get over these fears.

I guess most do fear somthing going wrong when having something like this done,you have pick out a good doctor that has been around the block and back again with HT, he should be able to ease your fears and answer all your questions to the point to what you are looking at in having this done.

Edited by sc64
to edit some of the poster post

i can totally relate to everything you've said, and you know what, last night i decided that actually my hairloss doesn't bother anyone but me. I shave my head and i feel that i actually look good with it, the risks involved that you've highlighted are very real, and in all honesty, for me, its not really worth it. I

It's a lot of money, and the results vary...actually the truth be told, someone i respect told me that the happiness i'm looking for is nothing to do with whether or not i have hair, it's about a very important personal aspect of growth and letting go of your insecurities.

I went through the same thing. In fact the day of surgery while I was talking to Rahal, I was about to walk out because of my nerves and then I said screw it you came all this way go for it.

Most ppl would have at least some of those fears, so it's normal.

If you go to a capable surgeon with a proven track record, then there will be every chance of the op being very successful. But as it is with every surgery, there's always risks & no guarantees. We're all in the same boat.

It comes down to how much you want it. Does it really bother you? Everytime I look in the mirror I think about it & it'll never go away & for that reason, I'm going ahead with it very soon

I went through the same thing. In fact the day of surgery while I was talking to Rahal, I was about to walk out because of my nerves and then I said screw it you came all this way go for it.

and how did it go for u,,are u happy with the results

Anouar,

Same with me. Sitting in the chair for my first transplant I literally just about got up and bolted for the door. I remember thinking "get out now while you still have a virgin scalp". But, I quickly came to my senses and realized that, if I didn't go through with it, I'd be right back in front of the computer flip-flopping weekly for who knows how many more years.

Once the cutting started and there was no going back all the fears went away.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

you need to do alot of research,choose a top doctor and learn about the possible achievement on your specific case.

after that those fears are reduced to little.and that beats the real and present fear which is being ugly and bald.