My 11 month With Dr. Rahal

Anouar

MusolnOz, it's normal to be nervous. It certainly was the case for me leading up to surgery. When Doc Rahal said I wouldn't get a wow result because of my hair characteristics, I was ready to book it out of there. Good luck to you. You have chosen a good doc that delivers results. Also from what I've seen growth seem to start early with Rahal which is a plus.

Anouar,

What about your hair characteristics did Dr.Rahal find unfavorable? Fine hair?

I have a deposit down on FUE surgery and will lock down a date in the November-December timeframe. I'm also starting to worry, I guess it's only natural....

Your results are amazing but I haven't seen alot of FUE results from Dr.Rahal yet so that's the only part that's making me nervous. He's a top notch doc so I know I'm in good hands atleast!

superfinehair, that was it. My hair is fine and my donor listed at average. What helped were the amount of groupings of 2 and 3 along 4s I had. I really can't comment on Fue because like you I haven't seen any grown out results. How many grafts are you getting?

Roughly 2000 grafts, I'm a Norwood 2 so I only need hairline work. I have fine hair but Dr.Rahal said it wasn't super fine so that was a relief, I have above average donor too so that's also nice.

I'm tempted to go strip but feel that I would probably regret going with a scar at this point...

Btw do you know at what density your hairline was planted? Your hair seriously looks amazing, especialy considering what you started out with. I hope my results turn out as good as yours :D!

• 11 months later...

Just for curiosity. How does your hair looks now? I would appreciate it if you upload some pics. Thank you.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

hi anouar, thx for posting your results. your hair looks amazing. i too would like to see how your hair looks now. also, in previous posts you made mentioned of downtime and pain. most people i speak to who have had a ht wtih dr rahal have told me they felt minimal pain. was this not gthe case for you. also regarding downtime , i am planning to take 5 weeks off of work. is this enough time?

you guys. I will be posting some pics today. I'm approaching 2 year mark. I let my hair get long. Kind of experimenting. Stinger 5 weeks is good time for recovery as far as pain ans swelling is concerned but you will still be in the ugly duckling stage as people call it. You will shed before you will grow and you will appear balder. Your hair will be buzzed completly. So if you can deal with that go for it. K.O, yes I agree looks like norwood 6. I have been on avodart and rogaine for quite some time. Trying to hold back the hairloss. I do see thinning in the crown so I'm vigorious in using rogaine in that area

Stinger, from my own personal experience, yes I would recommend him but don't just let my words sway you. Do your research and come to your own conclusion and take your time. It took me 3 years to pull the trigger for Rahal and I still wasn't sure I made the right the choice. I almost walked out the day of surgery. I really had my sight on H&W originally. I'm happy with the outcome of rahal and If i were to do another strip it would be would Rahal. Hope this helps. Good luck

thx anouar, i have been researching for over a year now and have also narrowed my choice down to H&W and dr rahal. the advantage of dr rahal is that he is a 2 hr drive from me. well i can say that i have seen countless amazing results from d rahal, including your results which are spectacular.

• 1 month later...

Anouar,

Big congratulations. Your results are incredible. You must be thrilled! I love your hairline, so natural and works for you so well. Your hair looks great. Im in the chair with Rahal this October after years of ploughing through the forums and re-arranged surgery dates. This is it. My hairloss I would say is similar to how yours was but I would say that I have maybe lost a little more in the crown. I would love a similar hairline to you and will be mentioning your name to Rahal when I arrive. Like you, I have lived through years of concealors and thicking products and now just want to live naturally without the need of these. Look forward to seeing some of your photos with your hair grown long! Good luck with all! Ciao

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I can appreciate what you have been going through as i did the same thing. I will tell you a funny story with conceilers. I used the prothik on the hairline for a long time. One month I was running out and as you get to the bottom of the hairspray can it loses its color becomes almost white. Needless to say i sprayed it on. Looked like skunk when i went to work. Everybody at work was staring at me. Even when the color was right, it would appear as dirt in pictures. Thank God i'm done with those days. Good luck to you. Rahal was good for me and I believe would be good for you. On a side note I did post pics with my hair long.