Hairline FUE (1200 - 1800 grafts) on Monday (05/09/11) at SMG

I am undergoing a FUE procedure with Dr. Paul Shapiro on Monday at SMG. I was originally scheduled with Dr. Ron Shapiro but travel and scheduling plans prevented this from occurring. I am still very comfortable with Dr. Paul Shapiro performing the procedure as he seems to be more than capable of providing an excellent result. Fortunately, I only live about fifteen to twenty minutes away from the clinic. I plan on getting some more pre-op pictures and updating my profile / site accordingly as it progresses.

This is my first one so I'm still nervous and still somewhat at the 'am I really doing this stage.' Thank you to the forum for the continued support and especially to member Levrais.

Cheers

RockZ,

Best of luck on your upcoming FUE! You are most definitely in good hands with Dr. Paul.

I remember going through the "Am I really doing this" phase as well, It will all disappear the moment they start harvesting grafts and making recipient sites. Kinda like a tattoo...once they start there's no going back so no use in debating it anymore. :)

I look forward to seeing your pre and post-operative photos.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

You're in great hands. Just sit back and relax and enjoy the prospect for better hair in the future. Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

RockZ,

Thanks for keeping us updated! Hope all went well with the procedure. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm an asian as well (wish i can put up some photos too but its kind of sensitive for now as i'm afraid of other implications. will do so when its more convenient at a later stage.) my hairline is somewhat like yours and i did about 1000grafts. the only difference is that you went for a reputable surgeon and i had mine done in Singapore that is by someone unknown. that kind of reminded me that it suck.

i'm following this closely bro. keep the photos coming. i wish the scabs on mine will come off like how yours did by the 10th day. really helps.

Edited by whathappensnext

No problem man and best of luck. I'll post two week photos tomorrow on my website. I went to work today and no one noticed anything other than the fact I had a buzzed haircut. I experienced some noticeable shedding yesterday after lifting weights (I hope there wasn't a correlation as I was told I should be fine being this close to the two week mark).

Between days 8-11 I spent a fair amount of time soaking my hair and / or gently massaging off the scabs.

yea i noticed after the 1 week mark in your progression, between 8 to 10 days, the scabs just disappeared!

mind sharing how and how long do you "soak your hair"? you dont literally dip ya head in a pail did you? and when is it safe to do the circular motion massage on the recipient area?

what i'm doing now is that i bath twice a day, each time about 15mins. i will soap my head with shampoo and dap the recipient area and leave the shampoo there for about 10mins before i was it off. hope its normal.